Hello & Good Morning!

Started by Jo McDonald, June 06, 2007, 03:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonnie M.

Judy, unless it's posted somewhere else, I'm wondering who was in the accident where the emergency vehicles were headed?
Bonnie

Judy Harder

bonnie no one knows or is telling.
One of the guys at cafe said he saw a motorcyle near Oak Valley laying in the ditch that had a sidecar on it.

Not a local and the paper hasn't put anything in it.

Hugs and God bless
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Diane Amberg

Janet, no thank goodness, that was 40 miles south of here in Dover, the state capital.  It was Del. State University.  It's a very good mostly black school, but it is where those 3 kids went to school, who were killed up in Newark, New Jersey recently.  The school president is really upset over it all. The girl was shot twice in the side and was flown up here to Newark to Christiana Hospital, our big Class I Trauma Center.  She is very serious.  The boy was admitted to Bayshore Hospital there in Dover with less serious injuries. It's bad enough that poor Delaware is known for it's military morgue at Dover Air Force Base... now all this?  Good grief. :'(  I'll hear more tomorrow.

Teresa

Gosh Diane.. Doesn't it make you feel good to help people like you do?
I always feel almost euphoric when ..after a massage...my clients walk out of my house saying to me," I have never felt so good and the pain is gone in ____ . ..and I feel like a new person."
Makes me feel so good...

And what I do is very tiny compared to the lives you save and deal with on a daily basis..
I don't know what we would do without people like you.

Oh yeah.. Tell Al I will light a healing green candle for his butt.. ...and say a special ass prayer for him..

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Roma Jean Turner

I'll call and put him on the Silent Unity Prayer line.  I was just getting ready to
e-mail and see how you guys were doing because I hadn't seen a post from you for a few
days.  Glad to see you back on.

Mom70x7

QuoteOh yeah.. Tell Al I will light a healing green candle for his butt.. ...and say a special ass prayer for him..

hemorrhoids are such a terrible problem - not easily discussed by anyone anywhere, public or private.

This is sooo funny, yet sooo necessary.

You, go, Teresa!!!
   ;D   :D   :laugh:

flo

so hello and good Sunday morning to everyone.  Feel like it should be hello and good night.  Anyone else have those nights when sleep just won't come?  I do and had one last night.  Last time I looked at the clock it was 5:27 AM and still hadn't been able to go to sleep.  Sometime after that did close my eyes for a couple hours but the phone rang shortly after 7:00.  Now shall go to church then come home and TRY to take a nap.  Hate it when that happens, but seems to be quite frequent lately.  Sounds like maybe we will get some falll weather this week.  Hope so.  I so did enjoy those few cooler days we had.  Seems like spring and fall eludes us lately for some reason.  I don't think mother nature likes us tearing through her atmosphere with those space shuttles.  Just not natural.  Have a good day everyone.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Diane Amberg

Teresa...you and your horse laugh!  Al says thanks a bunch, and remember how paybacks can be!  ;D ;D He's feeling pretty good now and can't wait to get this over with.  He's expecting to be the butt (ahem) of a lot of bad jokes.  We saw our ''patient" at the drug store yesterday, all smiles and happy again.  She did need a few stitches and was all fixed up in less than an hour.  Teresa, thank you for your kind comments.  I started on the ambulance in 1969 and it's just second nature to me now.  It's nice to be able to help, but it has it's downside too.  I have taken too many friends (and Daddy) on their "last ride" over the years.   We talked her into going to the little local center on Main Street, rather than waiting for hours at the big trauma center.
We've been having glorious weather, but it's supposed to get to around 90 on Wednesday so we'll probaby need the air conditioner one more time this season. What we really need is rain. It suddenly dried out just when the farms needed it the most. Downstate is going to have up to 70% crop loss on the wheat, corn and soybeans.   

Rudy Taylor

Raw rumpery, indeed!

The sermon in a local church last Sunday revealed a fascinating story from the book of I Samuel in the Old Testament.
   It involved the Ark of the Covenant being stolen from the Israelites by the infamous Philistines.  It seems God zapped the Philistines with the plagues of the wilderness for their deed — including one which could be of use in today's society.
   Super-hemorrhoids.
   God gave a plague of hemorrhoids to everybody who had a part in stealing the Ark of the Covenant, or even those who spoke of the crime.
   Talk about cutting down on gossip --- that punishment definitely would do the trick.
   Maybe we spoiled Americans would act and talk differently if we knew that hemorrhoids, immediate and painful, would be our reward for verbally destroying that which is good.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Jo McDonald

That would bring new meaning to the comment   " A royal pain in the ___  " wouldn't it?
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk