Hello & Good Morning!

Started by Jo McDonald, June 06, 2007, 03:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

Quote from: Janet Harrington on July 11, 2007, 07:02:33 PM
You guys are crazy.

Well, you don't have to be crazy to be a member of the forum, but it sure does help.  ;D
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Janet Harrington

New update on Charity, the baby born at 28 weeks gestation.  Here is what her mother says...

Monday, July 09, 2007

Miracles Do Happen

Charity is doing so wonderfully!! Last night she weighed in at 2 lbs 14.5 oz!! Her Doctor, Dr. Dorn, said she is probably the healthiest baby they have in NICU right now. She is still on the nasal canulas, but is not requiring much oxygen. She is tolerating her feedings and is doing everything that she needs to be doing right now. Dr. Dorn also said that within the week they would be moving her upstairs to the other unit. Which is excellent news for us! That means we are one step closer to getting our little miracle home with us!!

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Little Biggie
Current mood:  happy

Today was visiting day with Charity. She is doing great! We have had some A's and B's lately. (A's and B's are Apnea and Bradcardia. Where she forgets to breathe or to have her heart beat.) However, the Dr is not very concerned because she recovers on her own and does just fine. On Monday they started trying to bottle feed her. That is not going so well yet, but that is to be expected. If she hadn't been born so early, she would only be approximately 32 wks gestation. But since she is here the good news is that we are 1 month old tomorrow!!! Oh, and she now weighs 3 lbs!!! What a big girl!?! (Hence the nickname Little Biggie!)

Things appear to be going well for Charity.  Her mama did not send any new pictures.

Yeah and thank you for all your prayers for Charity.

desertlilydarla

Janet, that is such good news.  I will continue to keep her in my prays. 
Little Biggie, go girl.  Girl Power!!!!!
No act of kindness, no matter how small,
is ever wasted.

Sherri

Good Morning all:

It rained again last night...Kinsley is in trouble in some areas with flooding.  I swear will all this ever end?  I don't believe that I have ever seen so many little frogs...kind of creepy.  They are swashed all over the highway. 

I don't know if I will ever get the grass dried out enough to mow.  It is looking pretty shaggy and I don't like that. tee hee.

Our fair is going to be next week.  They are going to have it down at the rodeo grounds under tents.  I hope it goes well.  The Greensburg people need something fun. 

Clean up is still going on.  They have the schools, hospital and all the churches down and they are rocking and rolling on our building.  Hopefully we will be back into our building by October 1, so that is reallly good.

Just wanted to day good morning and now I must get to work.

Have a great day.
SMILE AND EVERYONE SMILES WITH YOU!!!!

kdfrawg

I'm sorry about the rain. Yikes! You would think that the universe could at least start to even out the precipitation. Instead, the rain goes on and a plague of my little cousins has been added! Yikes II! I hope all you need the tents for at the fair is shade, too.

;D

Jo McDonald

Hello all,  Here at the Elk City State Park - we are still under water.  It is so sad --- and the town of Coffeyville, KS is much worse off than we are.  Yucky water everywhere - they have oil all over the flooded area also.  We still do not have any water supply here - but we are making it...Hauling drinking water today, or rather Fred is - I worked at the park office this morning.   The good news is, the sun shines off and on - but the rain we had yesterday was good, as it helped wash down the "Nasties on the roads.  The trees are dying - and the grasses are all dead where the water stood..they said today that the oak trees and the cottonwood trees will likely not live by being under water for this long and the officials said this morning -- it will probably be another 3 to 4 weeks before the lake is back in its bank, and we will be able to open the park to campers.     
  Hope all goes well for all of you.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

kdfrawg

Gosh, Jo, I'm very sorry to hear all of that. There has been a lot of coverage given to the problems in Coffeyville because of the environmental considerations, and I certainly feel bad for them. But most people will never hear of the problems that the rest of Southeast Kansas is having, or will never know that you lost trees that you were used to and had to haul drinking water back and forth. All of those little losses add up, too.

:(

It is good that rural Kansas are tough and resilient.

flo

completely off the subject, but WOW - look at the top of the Coffee Shop and count how many are viewing - We must be doing something right  :angel:
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Diane Amberg

If we sing and dance (a little soft shoe perhaps) maybe a few more will join in.

kdfrawg

I will guarantee you that I had better not sing. When someone at a party says, let's sing Happy Birthday, eveybody, my wife and daughter quickly say, "Everybody but Michael!" So I think I'll just stay over here in the corner and maybe hop a little.

;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk