Hello & Good Morning!

Started by Jo McDonald, June 06, 2007, 03:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdfrawg

The good news continues. It is really great that this has turned into a situation that can make Mom so happy. The worries of the early days have made the now-rapid progress of Charity feel all the more wonderful.

Wilma

The rain seems to have gone and the sun is trying to break through.  My rain gauge shows another 4 inches since yesterday evening.  A total of 9 inches since Sunday.  Does anyone know how much rain we have had for the month?

flo

Wilma, guess I live on the wrong side of Howard.  Sun is definately not shining here, nor is it trying.  The rain is coming down at the moment, but since about 11:00 has just been sporadic (sp).  Marvin had to wait for some roads to come out from under the water, then still had to take a LONG way around and zig-zag to finally get to Hwy 99, then took it in here just before noon with his sump pump.  My basement drain quit working yesterday afternoon.  Need I finish that story??? Most of the water is gone now, so waitiing for it to dry up a little then will survey the damage to things stored down there.  I have had 9+ inches in the last 48 hrs.  QUITE ENOUGH, IF YOU DON'T MIND MY SAYING...........
addendum:  I say 9+ inches cause my rain gauge holds 5" with space at the top and it was running over about 4:00 yesterday, dumped it and have 4 more inches  in it at the moment.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

kdfrawg

Wilma, I've been looking around the Web trying to find the answer to your question about the amount of rain in Howard in June. The best I can find was on the weather channel. They will admit to there having been 11.73 inches of rain so far in June. I don't think they were counting that big black cloud parked over your house.

:o

Wilma

Well, the typhoon/monsoon seems to be over and I have another inch of rain in the rain gauge.  That makes 10 inches for this week.  Also got some good pictures of the flash flood around my house.  Maybe Janet will post a couple of them for me this evening.  I am still waiting for the pictures Teresa said she would get.  Do you suppose she is stuck out there?  Haven't seen the radar for awhile so I am wondering if there is still more coming.

flo

Wilma, our rain gauges must be twins, I just dumped another 5" out, and it is already starting to fill.  As for the month of June, I believe the total amount is TOO DAMN MUCH

Joanna

Quote from: Wilma on June 29, 2007, 02:38:33 PM
Well, the typhoon/monsoon seems to be over ...

Wilma!  You've lived in Kansas long enough to know better than that!

flo

if your typhoon/monsoon season is over, you better stay on the west side cause it dang sure ain't over on the east side.  My rain gauge is filling up AGAIN >:( >:( >:(

MarineMom

I'm moving in with Wilma its still raining in this part of Howard in fact the street has disapeared and there is a river in its place ??? the yard has been replaced with a lake and the Llamas are looking at the house as if they think I should bring them in here until it passes :-\

Wilma

Another flash flood and it is worse than the previous one.  My house is entirely surrounded with running water now.  A little more and I will be down in Mary's yard.  Hope she has room for my double wide.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk