Hello & Good Morning!

Started by Jo McDonald, June 06, 2007, 03:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo McDonald

Come back Sheba~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Diane Amberg

Hi all. It's cold here but bright and sunny. We're off to teach a professional rescuer CPR/AED class later this morning. If my memory serves me today is Kylie Hurt's 13th birthday. I don't know if the family checks in here from time to time, but if so.....Happy Birthday Kylie! Have a good day everybody. 

Diane Amberg

So here we sit awaiting another big storm. You all contributed some to it, it picked up more southern moisture and is starting it's run up the coast. DC and Baltimore are starting to see a little snow now and we'll see it around 4:00. We're in the 12-24" range right now but might be more. Everyone ran out to get their crate of eggs, truck load of bread and 55gal. drum of milk. You'd think we're about to be snowed in for a month! ;D   More snow due next week! This is more like the winters we had years ago,including one storm which we didn't get home from school at all, spent the night at the high school sleeping on the gym mats.

sixdogsmom

So far, our storm has failed to materialize, and that's okay. The mud is about hip deep, and there is still a little snow around from the Christmas storm! You all stay safe and warm!
Edie

Roma Jean Turner

Had some snow earlier today but it didn't stick.  I guess we are supposed to get some more tonight, but probably not much.  It's pretty much about mud and wet dogs herel.

Diane Amberg

You sent all that snow here! It's coming down very hard, but the wind hasn't started yet. Parts of DE will have real blizzard conditions later on. Snow predictions are upwards of 30" in some places. I'm just hoping we keep the electricity.

sixdogsmom

If it will make you feel any better Diane, we are forecast snow on Sunday and Monday.  :P :P O' course, again all that is coming your way!  ;D
Edie

Diane Amberg

We are having real blizzard conditions now with huge amounts of blowing snow. It's beautiful, but kinda scary. The state has declared another SOE so everybody should be off the roads. Some areas have lost power and roofs are starting to come down.Townsend Fire Co, about 30 Min. south of me lost the engine bay roof. The crews saw it starting to sag and got the equipment and people out. They even got film of it falling. Amazing what phones can do. Any building with a flat roof could be in serious trouble. I think one of our area Walmarts lost some roof too, as did one of the houses near here. In 1/2 more inch we will break the all time season snow record here and we'll get that in the next short while. This is a historical event that kids will talk about their whole lives. Schools aren't going to try to reopen until next Tuesday.

Roma Jean Turner

I hope your roof is really peaked.  I think it would be getting pretty scarey.  Take care of yourselves and keep us posted.

Teresa

Hope you got pictures to share with us.. :)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk