Hello & Good Morning!

Started by Jo McDonald, June 06, 2007, 03:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ms Bear

I hope you can stay in and enjoy it.  If you can't stay in you and Al be careful.

greatguns

Diane, stay warm and be careful!  I pray that your power doesn't go out.  I don't need a white Christmas.  There is to many people that have to travel for the holidays.  Be safe.

Rudy Taylor

Diane, we'll send along some Elk County Forum hot air to help shorten your snow storm.

If we all huff and puff and blow toward the east, I'd say you'll have tropical weather by this afternoon.
;D
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Diane Amberg

Thanks for the "warm" wishes. :D :D :D
We made it! LOTS of snow but maybe not a record breaker in my yard.There is at least a foot on my picnic table. We didn't lose the electricity (yet) but the trees are very heavy with snow. My one Japanese Holly took a hit, can't tell yet how bad it is. The gusty wind has created some drifting, but Newark has done a great job keeping up with the accumulation.They salted before the snow started and I heard them go past several times last night. It sure is beautiful though. Al is out with his snow blower doing our sidewalks, driveway and those of the elderly in the neighborhood. Several other men are out shoveling and plowing too, so soon we'll be able to get out and go...nowhere! ;D

Jo McDonald

I am glad you still have your utilities.  I am sure the neighbors that are the recipients of Al and the other "good ole' boys" are very grateful for
the good deeds.  Stay warm and safe.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Diane Amberg

Rudy Taylor

I keep smelling the aroma of homemade chocolate pie.

But I have no earthly idea from whence it is coming.

Oh, well ... maybe another year.

(sigh)

::)

Mom70x7

Rudy -

Tonight - 6 pm - Howard United Methodist - just might be homemade chocolate pie there.

(It's our Christmas program, with a soup supper following. Soup is being provided, everyone else to bring salads and desserts. We have a couple of people that often bring cream pies.)
  :D

Rudy Taylor

Well, I missed that one. LOL

Thanks, Mom70x7. You're so thoughtful.

It's just a joke I make about birthdays and chocolate pies.

Mom70x7

Rudy -

Is that so family members have time to fix a pie? :D

Have you ever had a birthday with JUST pies?  ;D

When my kids were home, one of our family traditions was each could pick their birthday meal - whatever they wanted. One year, one of the kids wanted pickles. That's all he wanted, he said. So we had sweet pickles, dill pickles, gherkins, watermelon pickles, slices, whole pickles, minis - a lot!  ;D  ;D  ;D

Oh - but we had a REAL cake for dessert!  :angel:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk