Hello & Good Morning!

Started by Jo McDonald, June 06, 2007, 03:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

We just got word that the Valero refinery in Delaware City is closing. Great news (not!) for the 500 + very well paid employees that are the backbone of the area. Next year will be very bad for little Delaware. :P

Jo McDonald

That is so sad ---- It would be bad at any time of the year, but this is especially trying at this time.

We need to keep our country and our people in our prayers.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Diane Amberg

On the better side of things. Well sort of. Our friend firefighter/EMT Michelle Smith who was run down at a motorcycle accident last winter has been vindicated. The court threw out the nonsense about whether she was acting as a fire fighter or not.The %#@!!!# creep that killed her was  charged with homicide and given a mandatory life sentence. Her 13 year old daughter is aware and very pleased that justice was served.  One more thing to give thanks for this year.

Ms Bear

That is wonderful news.  What was the difference whether she was there as a fire fighter or not?  Would that have been an excuse for someone to run over her?

Diane Amberg

The defence attorney tried to state that our mandatory life sentence law was just for firefighters. She arrived on the ambulance so she wasn't acting as a water squirter at the time, so the charge would have been man slaughter. The judge threw that out in the strongest possible terms, which was a relief to us all.

Mom70x7

Good morning, everyone  :).

It's lovely weather today. Has been pretty much all week. What a great middle of December. (I know, we'll probably pay for it later.  ;))

It's the last day of school, until Jan. 4, 2010.

I'm not at all finished with Christmas shopping or decorating, but that's okay.

Hope everyone has a lovely Christmas break.

Diane Amberg

How do you manage to get such a long Christmas break? We aren't off until the 23rd, but with the huge snow storm we are having right now, they may have to take Monday and Tuesday off. The Nor'easter moving up the coast has brought 8.5 inches to my deck picnic table so far, with much more to come. Might be as much as 20 inches by the time it stops sometime tomorrow. It sure is beautiful though.

sixdogsmom

Wow! That is quite a storm, and just at the right time of year. It is always nice to have snow at Christmas time, but the day after it can all disappear as far as I am concerned. There is something to be said about snuggling in on a snowy day with hot chocolate and a good book. Enjoy!
Edie

Dee Gee

Diane are you getting wind with the snow that causes it to drift it seems like when get a lot snow we have the wind.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Diane Amberg

Not much wind right now but it is supposed to kick up later tonight. The coastal air is feeding the storm now and it has a lot of humidity so we may or may nor have big drifts later.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk