Hello & Good Morning!

Started by Jo McDonald, June 06, 2007, 03:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryJ

It is a sad state of affairs that homemade treats are "out."  Having lived in this area of millions of people over the years, when our kids came home with homemade cookies or popcorn balls, unless we knew the person giving them out, they just went in the trash.  I was going to make some homemade fudge one year and then remembered it would most likely wind up in a trashcan.  So sad to see those days gone.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Rudy Taylor

Oh, Larry, you're just an old-fashioned sap ... like me!

What we do is hand out store-bought, wrapped candy to most kids who ring our doorbell ... but then we have a special "stash" of homemade stuff in another box for our grandkids and children in the neighborhood who trust us not to poison them.

But you're right. I remember the days when ...
It truly is "a wonderful life."

larryJ

Oh, Larry, you're just an old-fashioned sap ... like me!

"Old fashioned sap" --------Maybe, but I like to think of it as a better time when we didn't have to worry about being poisoned by someone.  You're right------------I am an "old fashioned sap" and proud of it!

Larryj

HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

When I do make home made goodies I put my address label on the bag or wrapper. It's usually just our local kids who come here.

greatguns

That is exactly what I done when I use to have 50 or so little ones come to my house.  Got some now that think they're to big to go trick or treating now, but they still show up for their popcorn ball. :)

sixdogsmom

One year when the nasty tricks were so prevalent in the kids' treats, I gave out nickles. Didn't hear one complaint! There used to be a house near us when my girl was small, that always had everybody come in, get their picture taken and have hot chocolate. Now that wouldn't fly these days, but back then it was okay as long as I was near.
Edie

Teresa

well kiddys.... I am out of here for a few days... I'm going to go with Teri and Rochelle and the grandkids to Branson.
Behave while I'm gone.....and .............. ???.....what did I just say?
Behave??
I must be losing it~~~~
With Jarhead even 10 miles from the place.. THAT will be an impossibility..
I guess what I will say is.. Don't let him talk you into doing anything that you know "I" wouldn't do...  ;D

((Pretty much gives you the run of the place.. )) ;)

( Moderators?? Bone up on those new techniques you  learned with those cat o nine tails.) 
Remember.. Ole Ron 'just pretends' he is a tough Marine....  ;D ;D

See ya all in a few days..
Be safe.. :)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

I really hope none of you have anyone at Fort Hood. What a sad situation.

Ms Bear

I am finding it hard to find words to describe the feelings around here.  Almost everyone I work with has or knows someone stationed at Fort Hood.  My grandson and his family were there until this past May when he deployed to Afganistan and his family went to Arizona.  They still have friends there on the base and will soon be back on the base, my grandson is on his way back home now.  So thankful that he had not made it back sooner or he might have been in that building or one of the MP's on duty that day.

Diane Amberg

I'm glad you didn't have anyone hurt in all that. It's been on my mind a lot. I know there will be a lot of investigating, but I can't figure out how he fired that many rounds in such a short time. My prayers go out to all who are suffering over this horrible tragedy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk