Howard rocks for sale on ebay.

Started by Marcia Moore, June 04, 2007, 06:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kfclark

Why that would be Geekspeak.

I just emailed the owner of these rocks to ask specifically where in Elk County they were found. I bet I get a response of either I don't know, or what does it matter.

We should be able to play with this guy for a few days.

Currently it is worth $1.59 plus $2.50 in shipping and handling fees.

My sister Marty, who used to work out at Twilight Manor, is a real rock hound and she would go nuts for these. Of course all we need to do is look down when walking on a dirt road in Elk County and we will probably find several of these.

Who knew they had such a cool scientific name?
Check out my family history Website http://home.austin.rr.com/clarkdentongen/

Wilma

I'm not familiar with that language either.  Or maybe I should say, I just cannot learn a language other than American, not even shorthand.

kfclark

Still no response to where in Elk County they were found. I wonder how he really knows they are from Elk County?
Check out my family history Website http://home.austin.rr.com/clarkdentongen/

Teresa

Maybe he wasn't planning on someone actually FROM Elk County asking..
and maybe they actually AREN'T from Elk County :o
And maybe they don't even have any little frog footprints in them either!
Gasp!

If all this is the case~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Then it's  time for some Elk County ass-whuppin'

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Wilma

If these sell for a good amount of money, let me know.  I have some bigger ones out here that I know are from Elk county.

flo

I got the answer - this guy was surfing and come upon the Elk County Forum, read it awhile and thot to himself  :laugh: now there's some fine, friendly folks and I've got these dumb rocks, but maybe I could say they were from Elk County and that would make them very special rocks and worth a whole lot more and . . . . . .

Janet Harrington

However; we may be loony, but we are not like a bunch of dumb rocks.

W. Gray

The shipping cost from Massachusetts must be a Lulu.

If he sells them, I may just tote a bunch of Howard rocks home on my next trip.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Marty Hunter

The picture of the fossils is not that good, but they look like the ones we have out in the pasture.   They come out of gray shale, though, and not from a hard limestone.   I used to pick them up by the can full.   
     We found a bus load of people who said they were from the Smithsonian picking rocks up on the hill one day.   They said the rocks were unique to this area and they were going to put them in their collection.   They were more after those yellow tinted ones that are full of fossils.

Mom70x7

QuoteHowever; we may be loony, but we are not like a bunch of dumb rocks.

I thought we established that we were nice people here.  ;)    8)    :angel:

Oops - nope - we're nuts !  ;D   ;D    ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk