June 1 Storm

Started by Mom70x7, June 01, 2007, 07:57:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Quote from: Flo on June 07, 2007, 08:16:07 PM
Marvin and I were on our way home from Vinita Okla., via 400.  Saw some awesome rainbows.  Saw these coming down 99 from Severy and yes, the colors were just so bright and beautiful. might add that around Fredonia also saw numerous funnel clouds - a couple very scary - but none touched the ground.  Close enough for me. :o

Funnel Clouds..
Ye gads.. they scare the daylights out of me.
Kjell has lived with hurricanes all of his life.. but his eyes have been opened when he saw what a tornado does.
He said with hurricanes, you have a chance to button the hatches down and get ready and be prepared to outlast it.

Tornados?
Wham! They hit.. they destroy...they're gone!
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Jo McDonald

Seeing Sam up on that pole - in that bucket just makes me wonder what goes through his mind every time it storms.  How much we all owe to men like him,  doing the jobs they do ,while those of us that have the outages just grumble away - and they are out there just daring the storm demons  to let them do their jobs. 
  They all need our "safety prayers" that is for sure.  Be Careful, Sam, take care of yourself !!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

hhjacobs

:) :) :) :) :)  Hi to all you out there.
We are back in town for a few months. Had no idea it had rained that much. It also put water in my basement,messing up hot water hearter and furnace.  Of coarse we was out of town working,came home to the water in basement. :' :( :( :( :( >:(. Oh well fixed water heater,got part for furnace. Yes the pictures were great. Web site videos great also. Thanks to all that built them and posted. Later HHJ

Janet Harrington

Welcome back Henry and Marjean

Mom70x7

Welcome back, - you've been missed.  :D

Jump right back in with a wish or a story.  :D

Wilma

My new rain guage says 8/10ths this morning.  Is that accurate or is it more or less than yours?

Janet Harrington

Yep.  That is what Jim said that our rain gauge had in it and it doesn't sit under a tree.  I think your rain gauge did good.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk