We need cake!

Started by indygal, June 03, 2007, 04:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

indygal

Hi everyone,

The lady who told us in February she'd be happy to bake two cakes for our party informed me today that she'll be spending that weekend celebrating her brother's 70th birthday and can't bake for us. Better to find out now than later, eh? So......is there anyone in town who does this sort of thing? The cakes don't have to be fancy at all, just tasty and large enough to serve 100 people.

emptynest

Indygal----I don't know who you were going to use, but I know of a lady in Severy that does a lot of cake baking. I have used her talents many a time.  I can give you her name and possibly her phone number, if you are interested. She is very reasonable and does a wonderful job.  Just let me know.

flo

give me a call - I do bake and decorate cakes. AND I just live one block east of your new home. 374-2474

indygal

I knew I could count on the forum folks to help us out. Flo, since you live so close to us, you're hired! LOL I'm not sure when I'll be in town next, so I'll contact you by phone or email in the next few days to make arrangements. You're terrific!

Emptynest, I also appreciate your suggestion of the Severy cake baker, however it's tough to top "one block away" for convenience's sake.

(BTW, the friend who was going to do this for us intially lives in Wichita.)

emptynest

No problem, Indygal.  I would probably use the closest one too.  And I happen to know that Flo is quite talented---and didn't even know about the baking and decorating cake talent. 

Teresa

**whisper mode on** I hope she doesn't make a "whop" cake! **whisper mode off**
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

flo

Joanna

Indygal, have no fear, Flo does make excellent cake.  Teresa better watch out though, I'm pretty sure Flo has good **whisper mode** hearing too!

indygal

I have no doubt Flo makes fabulous cakes. Now, Teresa, pray tell what is a "whop" cake? Do I even want to ask that?

flo

indygal, refer to "recipes & remedies", under subject of "biscuit recipe" - and never fear

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk