REDD, Frances May (Boxford) - b. May 9, 1936 - d. June 04, 2002

Started by Nadine, June 05, 2007, 05:39:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nadine

Today marks the 5 year anniversary of my Mother's passing.  I miss her.  I just found this site and know my Mother would have loved to be a part of this.  She was my internet to Elk County, always letting me know the latest happenings when I would go home to visit her.

Janet Harrington

Could we get her obit posted, Nadine?  That would be great.  I, too, was fond of your mother.  She was a very nice lady.  Always had a smile for me when I saw her.

Just remember.  You will always miss her and when anniversary dates roll around, it makes you miss her more.  However; as time goes on, the memories get fonder, more memories will pop up, but, the missing part never goes away.

Dale Smith

I agree... I loved your mother dearly.  She was such a kind and caring person.  I think of her often.

Nadine

OK, this is quiet overwhleming to me this morning (in a good way).  I took off work today to just be with me and my thoughts about my Mother.  And now to have found a site where people knew my Mother and have such kind words to say about her is amazing.

She loved living in Howard/Moline.  I smile today even when I think of my trips to see her and we woudl sit at the kitchen table and she would update me with the local news.

Her battle with cancer was quick and left my world turned upside down.  I never dreamed I would lose my Mother, my Bestfriend so early.

Thank you , thank you and thank you for honoring her memory today.

Buddyboy

I remember your mom and dad too. They were really nice people. How is your brother Phil?

Nadine

Phil is dpoing well, he lives out in Western KS and is a truck driver, something he has wanted to do since he was a small kid.

kfclark

I found this on the Chataqua County WebGen Project Site.

Sedan Times-Star - June 12, 2002

MRS. FRANCES REDD

Frances May Redd passed away on Wednesday, June 5, 2002, at her home near Moline. She was 66 years of age and a longtime resident of the Moline community. Frances was born on May 9, 1936 at Spearman, Texas to Aubrey A. and Jennie M. (Matthews) Boxford. She attended schools and grew to womanhood in Texas and Oklahoma.
On June 23, 1954, she mamed Edward Maxfield Redd at Clovis, N.M. and to this union were born four sons, Lee, Mackie, Phillip and Jeff and one daughter, Nadine. Frances and Ed lived in Oklahoma and other places where Ed was stationed with the military before moving to Elk County in 1975.

She was a devoted wife and mother and was employed at Howard Twilight Manor for several years. Frances enjoyed collecting and making clothes for Barbie dolls. She also devoted many hours to creating crafts, crocheting and making quilts for her family.

She is survived by her husband, Ed, her sons, Lee, Sayre, Okla., Mackie, Udall, Kan., Phillip, Sedan, Kan., and Jeff, Weleetka, Okla., her daughter, Nadine Redd, Kansas City, Kan., a brother, Kenneth Matthews, Luficin, Texas, her sisters, Audrey Dwyer, Colorado Springs, Colo., Georgie Roedell, Newkirk, Okla., and Betty Morrison, Woodward, Okla., 8 grandchildren and 2 great grandchildren. She was preceded in death by her parents and two brothers, Lindley Boxford and Alfred Boxford.

Funeral services were held at 2 p.m. Monday, June 10, at the Zimmerman Funeral Home in Howard, with Lloyd G. Zimmerman officiating. Recorded selections were played of When the Last Leaves Fall and Close Your Eyes, written and sung by Mackie Redd. The casket bearers were Shane Brower, Austin Redd, Casey Redd, Douglas Redd, Lee Redd, Mackie Redd, Phillip Redd and Rodney Smith. Interment was held in the Moline Cemetery at Moline, Kan.

A memorial has been established with Harry Hynes Memorial Hospice. Contributions may be left with the funeral home. The funeral arrangements were made with the Zimmerman Funeral Home of Howard.

Check out my family history Website http://home.austin.rr.com/clarkdentongen/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk