Did You Ever Wonder Why...

Started by Teresa, May 22, 2007, 05:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo McDonald

I must be the ODD DUCK IN THE PUDDLE  I absolutely LOVE FIREWORKS  and (hiding my face) the louder they are the better.

I was so eager to see the ones at Howard Lake this year that our Grandsons help display -- but ALAS Mother Nature had other plans for our 4th of July celebrations.  Hopefully Teresa will get a video for me to enjoy.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Wilma

I do like the big pretty displays that someone else is responsible for if something goes wrong.  But I worry about fires with the smaller ones.  Don't think we have to worry about that this year.

dandymomma

I'm not really into fireworks either. Not even when I was younger. In most places around here (Western WA) they are banned. My neighbor and I are taking our kids to the "Freedom Fair" in Tacoma. They are going to have rides and face painting and music down on the waterfront. It should be lots of fun.

I remember going to the rodeo with Grandma and Granddad one year on the 4th, and on our way home there was lightning just all over the place. Those were our fireworks that year.  That must have been 1992.

Could someone tell me what town the rodeo was in. I'm thinking Sedan, but I could be wrong. It was a long time ago.

~Amber

Ole Granny

Would imagine Molline on the 4th.  I heard it had been cancelled this year.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

dandymomma

Thanks. I would imagine that it would be cancelled this year, looks like you guys have had a TON of rain.

It's absolutly goregous today for us. We are expecting a high of 85, and even at 11 in the morning, it's already warm enough for shorts. Around here, on a typical summer day, you put your jeans and sneakers on in the morning and then change into the lightest thing you can find for the afternoon. It stays warm until about 2 in the morning and then dramatically cools off during the rest of the night, and then you do it all over again.

*thinks* I miss lightning bugs.

~Amber

flo

when we were growing up we had a small amount of mostly firecrackers, sparklers and maybe a couple roman candles, but they weren't set off until the 4th of July, not all preceeding week.  I love the public displays of night works.  The other ones the kids enjoy don't bother me, it just seems like you should hear some celebration firecrackers on the 4th as well.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Janet Harrington

I really don't like fireworks.  We always got to have sparklers and Daddy did the marjority of shooting the fireworks off.  We used to hold Roman Candles in our hands until one time my oldest sister had one and it shot out the back.  I can't remember if it burned her or not.  Scared the dickens out of everyone.

I used to shoot firecrackers until the summer that we were at Grandma's farm and Jean and I were standing out at the road shooting firecrackers.  I thought I was pretty big stuff.  I don't remember how old I was, but Jean was holding the firecracker, lighting the firecracker and then would throw it.  I decided I would do that.  That worked out okay until I lit the firecracker and then turned my head to say something to Jean and forgot to throw the firecracker.  It blew up in my hand.  I'm lucky it didn't blow my fingers off.  We ran to the house.  Grandma got some ice and put it in some water in a glass and I immersed my fingers in the ice water.  All I got out of the scare was a couple of blistered fingers.  Since then I don't give a rats behind for fireworks.

I can watch them when someone else does them, but I get tired of it pretty fast.  We did not go watch the fireworks this year.

My dog isn't scared of anything, so when he hears fireworks he wants to go outside and see what is going on.  He will bark and bark if you don't let him outside.

Jo McDonald

When we were gowing up there was very little money for fireworks --- just firecrackers and sparklers -- BUT the 4th meant - a picnic-cold watermelon-fried chicken-fresh tomatoes and most important of all

Jo McDonald

Seems that the 4th of July gremlins jumped in and ate the rest of my post------------- Oh Well~~~~~~```` maybe it tasted better than it looked    hahahahahahaha

flo

MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk