Soap Box Day Today

Started by Wilma, May 18, 2007, 08:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo McDonald

I only like two kinds of pie     Hot and Cold
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Wilma

Not a bit picky, are you, Jo?

Jo McDonald

No, Wilma, not one bit.   lol  only if I don't get invited to eat.  :P :P
Yesterday I made three cakes for the cake walk that is this afternoon, here at the park, for OUR Neewollah celebration
There was a free Hot Dog feed last night - and a free breakfast this morning...a cake walk - Needle in Haystack - Pinata - Chili Cook Off - Kids costume contest - Hay Ride - Best Decorated Campsite - Drawing for Vechile Permit - Drawing for Camping permit - Drawing for a Muzzleoader.  And the Minute Men are here and having a lot of Black Powder Shoots this week end.  They have their teepees set up in the area just below us and are cooking over their campfires ...So neat !!!!
  So there is a lot of traffic in and out of here these busy days.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Bonnie M.

Jo, I am really missing not being at Neewollah this year!  The events you have going on out there sound great!

The wedding we attended last evening was so nice, and we were very happy that we "gave up Neewollah" for this wedding of some wonderful "young people."  Can't have it all, darn it!

Take care, and have fun.
Bonnie

Wilma

Soap Box Subject:

Why do we still have to sign credit card slips?  Nobody checks the signature or the identity of the user?  Anybody could scan my card, sign my name and run up my debt.  I am very careful with the one card that I use, making sure that it gets back into my billfold, but it kind of irks me that the check out never checks my signature with the card signature or asks for identity to be sure that I own the card that I am using. 

Yes, I still use a credit card.  I do not like writing checks in big chain stores and I do not like carrying a large amount of cash.  I pay off the balance every month if I can, so that I am not paying any interest.  I try to not put any more on the card than what I can pay off the next month.  Using a credit card is a matter of convenience for me and so far I haven't fallen for the debit or cash advance scheme.  If anyone is going to benefit from my credit card use, it is going to me.  Also, the credit card I use is with my credit union in Wichita, payments go directly to this office and not through the huge system.

Ole Granny

Small purchases (under $50.00) do not have to be signed at some places.  Fast food, Walgreen and I'm sure many more.  I do not like the idea myself.   Penney's usually ask for ID for a large amount or depends upon the clerk.  There are a few stores that always still ask for ID.  It is too easy to use credit cards.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

MarineMom

I like the debit card I don't have to sign but I do have to know my pin # and it will not allow me to spend any more than what I already have in my bank account so I am not borrowing from any one and don't have to pay interest or late fees if my payment gets held up in the mail, because there is no payment. Will never use cash advance seen too many people get caught up on that expensive merry-go-round and never get off. 

W. Gray

What did you or anyone else on the forum think the first time you gave the clerk a personal check and he/she processed the check through the cash register and then handed it back to you along with the receipt?
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Ole Granny

Told them I had not signed the receipt.  That's when I learned of the $50.00 limit.  I must say it is nice when you are at the drug store in the car line not to have to sign the receipt  Makes the line move faster but still is scary. 
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Teresa

Quote from: W. Gray on December 07, 2007, 01:27:58 PM
What did you or anyone else on the forum think the first time you gave the clerk a personal check and he/she processed the check through the cash register and then handed it back to you along with the receipt?

I looked at them like they had 3 heads.  :D Then .. I ask if my stuff was free.. did they not want my check or what?
( Small town country girl was stamped all over my forehead that day..)  ;D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk