Soap Box Day Today

Started by Wilma, May 18, 2007, 08:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

when they changed the speed limit from 72 to 55 we were driving a Mercury Marquis Brogham station wagon.  Believe me it was not made to drive 55 miles an hour.  It idled faster than that. HA ----- now my soapbox gripe of the day.  These cars and pickups going by with that damn BOOM BOOM BOOM - think most of the stereo speakers are bigger than the vehicles they are in.  Some rattle the windows - worry that these kids will be deaf before they turn 25
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Wilma

They are already deaf if they have to turn the music up that loud.

Joanna

Quote from: flo on June 15, 2007, 08:56:55 AM
...that these kids will be deaf before they turn 25...

Doesn't matter Flo, they don't listen to anyone else anyway!   ;D

Janet Harrington

Quote from: Teresa on June 15, 2007, 07:54:15 AM
Quote from: Wilma on June 15, 2007, 07:15:50 AM
Back in her young and foolish days.  I don't think we can call her young any more.

You can say that again...

and the foolish part?   LOL LOL

And after all the nice things I said about your pie making abilities.  :'( :'(

Teresa

Quote from: Janet Harrington on June 15, 2007, 09:11:02 PM

And after all the nice things I said about your pie making abilities.  :'( :'(

And thanks for the compliments on my pie..

I made the lemon one, a coconut cream and a chocolate.

Right now  I have a batch of bread raising so I can make some hot rolls .
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

hhjacobs

This is just a reply I guess not a SOAP BOX. I work with alot of Spanish speaking people. When I get to a job I speak to them and call them by name. (we wear name tags and most of us have our names on our hats). At first they act like they do not understand me, then I say a few words in Spanish or ask how do you say that in Spanish. Pretty soon they are speaking to me in English. I think they are afraid to try English for fear of being made fun of, but when they hear me attempt to speak Spanish they are not as afraid. I have made several good friends with the ones that come back every year.  I am also getting free Spanish lessons. I have several words and a few pharses now. They do a very professional job at thier craft for a lot less money than I would do it. They work with that nasty insulation. I don't even want to be near it. Another crew puts up scaffolding. My, they work fast and I think it is a very hard job. Just my opinion!!!

flo

Henry, think you have been reading back issues, including mine.  I, personally, have absolutely nothing against mexican/americans or their language, up to a point.  My gripe is the illegals that sneak into our country, protest for whatever reason they think they are being mistreated, yelling to be treated as americans, all the while flying their mexican flag and speaking in spanish.  I have some very very good friends who are of mexican heritage but born in the United States, and a former brother-in-law who was mexican/american.  All very wonderful people.  If they wish to immigrate to this country, doing it legally, having the proper work permits, then more power to them.

Janet Harrington

and speaking the English...then they can stay.

hhjacobs

I must say that the opinion I was speaking of was mine (Marjean) not Henry's. I guess I'll have to start putting my own John Henry on my stuff. MJ

flo

not a problem, Marjean, I should have just made it a general reply anyhow. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk