Soap Box Day Today

Started by Wilma, May 18, 2007, 08:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

I'm not sure that the classification of "bimbo's" is correct.  It's what's presented as today's fashions.  These girls, most of them anyhow, were not trying to exploit themselves.  It's just that the dresses they had to choose from were "skimpy" by my standards but then I'm not a fashion dictator.   If I was, I'd probably say let's just stick with blue jeans and a T-shirt for everyday and slacks  and a nice blouse for dressy occasions.  ;D
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Wilma

There is a choice here.  The skimpy, barely there clothes, or the blue jeans and shirts with slacks and nice blouses for dressier occasions.  Dare to be different.  I did and if I remember correctly, so did you, Flo.

flo

pam

Oh Ma, This stuff is killin me.......................................Ok ....Yeah the girls that wear skimpy clothes are lookin for attention, BUT, so are the ones who wear the baggy black chain drippin goth clothes, or the ones who wear the fashionably ripped up jeans and tie-dye....SO....it is NOT an open invitation to get throwed down and raped ALTHOUGH there ARE men who will USE it as an EXCUSE. Which brings me to the Bible which was written by MEN who were so scared of women they had to make us responsible for EVERYTHING and turn the human body into somethin to be ashamed of (especially the female form) and make WOMEN totally responsible for their natural appetites instead of bein RESPONSIBLE for themselves....period. Now I'm a fair sized ol' gal and I've been wearin t-shirts and jeans or shorts for years ask ma, but when I was young and skinny I was not above wearin a mini-skirt or two. I feel VERY strongly on this subject, so for any toes I step on sorry......but that doesn't change my opinion one bit . By the way my daughter is one of the ripped jean, short plaid skirt, fishnet wearin goths LMAO, WITH a funky hair do LOL but just like all of us she'll outgrow it eventually LOL
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

KandyKane

I know this is getting off the subject a bit, but I would like to kindly say to Pam  that the Bible wasn't written just by mere men,  but by men that were inspired by God..... in other words God told them exactly what to write (2 Timothy 3: 16)

flo

Pam, I have never seen Ashley dressed inappropriately and I think her hair cut, if funky, is cute on her.

pam

No she doesn't, but SOME people might think she does lol. As for the religious argument I could have here I ain't even gonna bother :P Some things are just an exercise in futility lol.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Teresa

Quote from: pam on May 11, 2008, 06:54:04 PM
As for the religious argument I could have here I ain't even gonna bother :P Some things are just an exercise in futility lol.

Thanks.. took the words right out of my mouth.  :)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

KandyKane

Argument????????????  There's nothing to argue about, because "If GOD said it, then I BELIEVE it, and that SETTLES it."  The End.

pam

William Butler Yeats

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk