Soap Box Day Today

Started by Wilma, May 18, 2007, 08:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

You should be able to control the print size and number of pages. When I print something, I generally do a "Print Preview" to see how it will print with no changes. You can adjust to say fit on  1 page if it shows it would barely have something on the second page or if what it shows will print on the second page is not relevant then tell it to print page 1 only. There are numerous adjuatments one can make to save paper and ink.
Frank

sixdogsmom

This is something that needs looking into al all work places. We had one tester that was attatched to a printer that always had four empty forms at the top of a printout and four at the bottom. That was eight sheets wasted every time the printer was used. Our process required that we print a summary for each lot tested and a datalog for each of five failed devices. That was 48 sheets of wasted paper, and since that was a continuous paper printer, it could not be reused. Multiply that by three temperatures per lot, and running this tester 24 hours per day seven days a week. Wow! Now that is a lot of paper! I brought this up in a work in progress meeting, and the head of engineering had an absolute fit! The next day, that tester was hook up to a more efficient printer that wasted zero paper. Just wish I had spoken up sooner.  :-\
Edie

Wilma

Good for you.  I used to use a printer that always ran off 2 empty sheets before it started printing.  I couldn't understand why, but I never thought to bring it up to someone that could do anything about it.

Teresa

You can also just highlight only what you want to print and print only that.
It saves lots of ink and other crap on the page that you don't need.

If there is lots of stuff I want and lots of stuff I don't want on an article. I go through the article and sporadically copy and paste what I want into notepad ( or an email) and then I just print that off. That way you have all the important stuff together in your print out.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Tobina+1

Our company uses an e-fax system... 1) since we're a virutal office company, and 2) saves lots of paper.  Customers can fax to a phone number and it turns it into an e-mail instead of a paper-based fax.  Then the e-mail gets sent to the office manager and she determines where to forward the e-mail.  Since most of our documents need to be uploaded in an electronic version anyway, this also saves time so someone doesn't have to re-type the information into a form.
I'm also saving lots of trees lately; my printer carriage is jammed and I can't print anything!  Frustrates me b/c it's a fax, scanner, printer, copier all-in-one, and now that the carriage is jammed, it's only half useful and not completely broken.

KandyKane

Today is Soap Box day and I am rather ticked, so I'm gonna vent, as I've got a few things to mention. 

Why is it, when a woman who is middle aged or older,  can very seldom find appropriate clothing in the discount stores, as the clothing they carry is mostly for the younger woman?  And if by some fat chance, an item of clothing is found, the price is higher for the larger sizes? 

Older women do not look dressed very nicely  in mini-skirts, tank tops, etc. as  all those "spare tires" are revealing......which leads to another gripe for me. 

Why are so many of the younger generation rude, obnoxious and disrespectful towards their elders?  These past couple of years, I have had a number of incidents with the younger generation that really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I was taught to be respectful and use some manners.

In observing the younger women, who go shopping with practically nothing on (their boobs are ready to pop out at any time from the extra-skimpy top or else when they bend over or stoop, you can see clear to China, as that micro-mini skirt leaves nothing to the imagination), giving the male gender the "come-on signal" then before you know it, they're screaming "RAPE!" and claim the guy is sexually harrassing her.  Don't these "bimbos" ever wonder WHY?

Wilma

KANDY, I agree with you on everything, especially the way people dress.  I am told that it is old fashioned to say that the way young women dress invites attention.  Maybe it is old fashioned to say that but it is as true today as it was way back when.  Do these women really expect to not be noticed when they show most of their body in public?  I don't think so.  I think that they undress just to get the attention that they are then screaming about.  Otherwise, they would cover their bodies.  It is a whole lot easier to shop or anything else if you are not constantly pulling up the front of your dress or tugging down on the skirt.  And if when you bend over in short shorts, you can't tell what is exposed, then your skin isn't very sensitive.  No, the women that expose most of their skin know exactly what they are doing and I would say that is "asking for it".

flo

Kandy, I know exactly what you are saying.  You either have to have an hourglass figure or weigh 450 lbs. and I don't fit in either catagory.  Also, I attended a high school function a few nights ago and remarked to the lady that I was with that it sure don't take near as much material now days to make a dress as it did when my girls were in high school and they were there during the "mini" skirt era. What is in a dress now I used just to make the sleeves.  ;D
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Wilma

Flo, I saved those pieces for my mother to make quilt tops.

KandyKane

Yes, I know that I am old-fashioned, but I would rather be that, than an empty-headed bimbo with no scruples/decency and no morality.  In reading the Bible, in the New Testament, it plainly tells women to dress modestly, and no one can argue with God's authority.  So if it's attention these "bimbo's" want, they're going to get more than just attention.  Putting oneself on display to be oogled is just downright disgusting!!  And that is putting it mildly.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk