Just a thought

Started by Teresa, May 09, 2007, 03:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

From the HAYS DAILY NEWS

by R. W. Yeager     Norton, Ks.

We need to show more sympathy for these people.
They travel miles in the heat, they risk their lives crossing a border, they don't get paid enough wages,  they do jobs that others won't do or are  afraid to do, they live in crowed conditions among a people who speak a  different language,  they rarely see their families, and they face  adversity all day every day.

I'm not talking about illegal Mexicans...

I'm talking about our troops.

Doesn't it seem strange that the Democrats are willing to lavish all kinds of social benefits on illegals, but don't support our troops and are  now threatening to defund them?  >:(
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Teresa

Received this and thought it was cute..
True... but also cute.. so instead of starting a new thread for just this I will post it to this one.  :D

While suturing a cut on the hand of a 75 year old California rancher, whose hand was caught in a gate while working cattle, the doctor struck up a conversation with the old man. Eventually the topic got around to  Nancy Pelosi and her elevation to speaker of the house.

The old rancher said, "Well, ya know, Nancy is a post turtle."

Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him just what was a 'post turtle'.

The old rancher said,
"When you're drivin' down a country road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, well...that's a post turtle.

The old man saw a puzzled look on the doctor's face, so he continued to explain.

"You know he didn't get there by himself, he doesn't belong there, he doesn't know what to do while he's up there, and you just want to help the dumb ass get down."

Roma Jean Turner

:DGreat story.  This just sums it up nicely.

Bonnie M.

You're my kind of girl!
Bonnie

Dee Gee

I think that describes the present Speaker of the House perfectly.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Jody

:) :) :) :) I agree,too.   Jody                   

Teresa

WARNING FROM PAKISTAN

This morning, from a cave somewhere in Pakistan, Taliban Minister of Migration,
Mohammed Omar, warned the United States and Canada that if military action
against Iraq continues, Taliban authorities will cut off America's and Canada's
supply of convenience store managers.

And if this action does not yield sufficient results, cab drivers will be next,
followed by Dell and Sprint customer service reps.

It's getting ugly! ;D

Wilma

Let's call his bluff and keep our troops in Iraq until the unintelligible foreign accents have been banished.  Well, maybe not.  If listening to another telephone call that I can't understand will bring a boy home, keep calling.

flo

just read that "warning" from Pakistan.  Well, I'm sure glad they didn't threaten to take away all those rude motel managers.  Then again, as far as I'm concerned they can recall all them too.  However, I'm one of those that if it don't say "American Owned - American Operated" we don't stop.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

emptynest

I won't even make a reservation if I can't understand the reservation center's spokesperson.  I have had 2 bad experiences with them  either not having recorded my reservation or mistaking what I wanted for what I got. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk