ROLL CALL TO ALL MEMBERS !!!!

Started by Teresa, May 05, 2007, 10:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kfclark

Janet,
I tried to adjust the brightness and contrast on the pictures and it only slightly improved it, but check it out I reposted it.

Teresa,
Do I have a lot of pictures?  Were Gladys Denton and Dorothy Pagan *"collectors"? 
You bet I do, and newpapers and clippings and letters and programs and enough family history "fodder" to keep me busy for the next several months if not years.  That is why I decided to play around with the Web site. Not all of it is appropriate to post here, but I did want to have a forum to place stuff that will be important to my family.

*Mom had a T-shirt that says, "I'm not a Pack Rat, I'm a Collector"
Check out my family history Website http://home.austin.rr.com/clarkdentongen/

Janet Harrington

Quote from: kfclark on May 22, 2007, 01:19:08 PM
Janet,
I tried to adjust the brightness and contrast on the pictures and it only slightly improved it, but check it out I reposted it.

Kevin,

It did improve it a little bit and making it larger made it easier to look at.  I love all three pictures.  Keep up the good work.  I have put you on my favorites, so that I can keep checking back to see what you have done.  Thanks.

gwecodev

My family settled this area in 1878 (I am fifth generation), they came by covered wagon, you can still see the dung out where they lived when they first arrived. I did not grow up in the area, I grew up in Wyoming. Several years ago my father retired on the family ranch, something he always wanted to do but due to the economy had to wait until he retired. It was the lack of opportunities in this area and the abundant opportunities in the West that he and my mother (also from the area) opted to leave. My uncle talked my husband into moving to Kansas 5 years ago...I rebelled not wanting to move to Kansas, coining it the land of OZ, but it turned out to be one of the best moves of my life. I love being close to my family and my roots and as Economic Development Director and Executive Member for the QUAD Facilitation Program I hope I can bring growth and prosperity to our area. The family ranch banks in Howard and I partner with Elk County in Economic Development efforts. My grandparents where Page and Jessie Lewis my father is Glenn W. Lewis. I love the area and believe if we work together we can improve the area. I am a certified in Herbology, Iridology, Kinesiology, VitaFlex (older than acupuncture without the use of needles to balance the body and unblock blocked energy), certified in using the healing oils of the bible and certified in essential oil chemistry and usage (you can probably tell from this I love providing Natural Wellness).
I saved the best for last my husband and I will be celebrating our 29th anniversary together this weekend, we have 2 children our oldest (Chad) lives in Keystone, CO our daughter along with her husband and our granddaughter live in Sheridan, WY. Not being near them is the hardest thing to overcome.
Love your forum

gwecodev

Is it Friday yet!
Forgot the obvious. My name is Vickie Hornbuckle maiden name Vickie Lewis. I am the Greenwood County Economic Development Director the rest is on my earlier post.

Have a good one! Vickie

kfclark

Welcome Vickie,
Is your husband related to Jesse Hornbuckle?  He married my Dad's cousin Betty Bruner of Moline. He passed away just this March.
Check out my family history Website http://home.austin.rr.com/clarkdentongen/

Janet Harrington

Quote from: Janet Harrington on May 13, 2007, 09:51:00 PM
I worked at the Wilson County Sheriff's Office and was the jail director until I was fired on March 6th, 2007, for looking for a better paying job.  Currently, I am unemployed and looking for work.

I have an update.  I now have a job.  I start June 18, 2007, at the Kansas Department of Corrections as a Corrections Counselor II.  I will be working with violent offenders in long term administrative segregation at the El Dorado Correctional Facility.  This is the maximum security prison in Kansas.  I will work with a great deal of latitude within established risk management, transitional planning and reentry procedures and programs with these long term administrative segregation inmates.

I wanted you all to be some of the first to know that I now have a job after being jobless for almost 3 months. 

Teresa

I knew you would get one soon.
I am so happy for you !

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Janet Harrington

Thank you, Ms. T.  You really do "wuv" me.  I "wuv" you, too, and I "yuv" you lots.

emptynest

Janet---congratulations!!!!  Man, the power of prayer..........I am very happy and relieved for you as I know you are for yourself.  May this new job fulfill your desires and strengthen those abilities and talents in which you have been given.    Grace and Peace-----and keep the faith!!!

MarineMom

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk