ROLL CALL TO ALL MEMBERS !!!!

Started by Teresa, May 05, 2007, 10:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

Bonnie, it was an article in USA Today about two weeks ago. let me see if i can find it. It said she was born in Peru and the family left there when she was 3 years old.
Frank

Bonnie M.

Thanks!  I just never could find anything about where she was born, other than "in Kansas!"  I wonder if anyone in Peru knew anything about her family? 
Bonnie

frawin

Bonnie the article also said that the Grandmother went on to be a distinguished banker in Hawaii.
Frank

Bonnie M.

Bonnie

frawin

Bonnie, this is an excerpt from the article. I found the article online, put in your search engine: "Family Precedent Obama's Grandmother Blazed Trails"          Frank

Dunham was born Madelyn Payne in Peru, Kan., on Oct. 26, 1922. When she was 3 years old, Payne's family moved to Augusta, Kan., where young Madelyn was raised, Soetoro-Ng said. She married Stanley Armour Dunham in 1940. Madelyn Dunham attended college at the University of Washington before becoming an aircraft inspector for Boeing during World War II.

After the war, she attended UC-Berkeley, worked various jobs, then came to the Islands, where she joined the Bank of Hawaii in 1960.

Bonnie M.

Thanks.  I kept thinking that it was his "Mother" who was born in Peru.  "I'm beginning to see, said the blind man!"
Bonnie

pam

I was just readin an article in the chicago tribune that said madeline was born in augusta! :P and stanley her husband was from eldorado
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Teresa

Welcome Bette... Thanks for taking the time to let us get to know you.

Pam? Like the picture a lot and I'm glad that you finally spilled the beans on yourself..  ;D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

pam

Thanx Teresa, only spilled the ones that won't get me in trouble LOL
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Teresa

That must have been the reason that the paragraph was so tiny then.. hahaha :D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk