ROLL CALL TO ALL MEMBERS !!!!

Started by Teresa, May 05, 2007, 10:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Well put my name on the list to see!  ;D
We sure all have good memories where you are concerned.
Glad you slipped in here to catch up.
Now don't be a stranger anymore ..ya hear?  ;)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Janet Harrington

I am so glad to have this day to catch up on the forum.  The best thing was to learn that Jim McDonald got a wedgie from Aunt Jo.  Now, that was funny.

L Hendricks

Well here it goes - this is Tobina and Teresa's fault.  My name is Elizabeth Perkins Hendricks and I grew up on a ranch west of Howard.  Went to boarding school in PA for my Jr & Sr years of high school, then went on to get my BS in Acct from Guilford College in Greensboro NC.  Went to work for Caprock Ind as the 1st female feedlot mgmt trainee in Dalhart Tx.  Moved from there to Leoti Ks, then on to Ft Morgan Co.  Left Caprock and moved to Garden City, KS to get married - decided that was the wrong thing to do, so moved back to Howard in 93 to work on the family ranch until 99.  Worked in Wichita for 2 years, got married to Doug Hendricks  (a Longton boy) in 2000 and moved North of Howard to our home we are currently in.  Got my MSM in 95 from Friends U. Became a real estate agent in 2001.  Became a county comm in 2002.  Had a set of twins in 2005 (yea for Anna & Rachel).  My husband and I started our own trenching, dozing, welding biz in 2003.  We run a cow/calf operation too.  I started coaching HS vball this past fall...and became involved with the Elk Konnected group in Spring 2007.  Love to play volleyball, water ski, camp, and do anything outside on a beautiful "no windy" KS day.   I think the great thing about our community is where else could I raise our children where so many people love them.... Can't do that in NYC!

Diane Amberg

Welcome aboard! What do you do in your spare time...whew! If you are the Perkins I think you are, I used to go by your family place to get to my Denton/Amberg family place a few miles west down the road. Where in Pa. did you go to school?

L Hendricks

Yup - you are right - went to school at Westtown near West Chester...

Diane Amberg

I grew up in Chester County, shopped quite a bit in West Chester. They had lots of shoe stores and Mostellers, the great Dept. Store. Had friends that went to Westtown.

Rudy Taylor

Hi, Liz!

Welcome to the forum. You'll find it fun and informative. Post often.  I'll try to keep everybody
off your "county commissioner" back.  Been there, done that. Ouch!
It truly is "a wonderful life."

L Hendricks

Rudy - thanks - can't even imagine being a co comm in MG Co - wow....
Diane - I had no idea that you grew up in Chester Co - beautiful place but very crowded - I like my wide open spaces...

Diane Amberg

I was born in Delaware, moved to Landenberg, down in the southeast corner of Pa.  We were out in the country almost on the state line, went to Kennett schools. Went to Newark to the U. of Del. and stayed.  Southeastern Chester Co. was always more rural, lots of farms and horse country.  There was a big chunk of the King ranch near Unionville.  They were working on Santa Gertrudis and our 4-H clubs used to visit there.  New Bolton Center was a common stomping ground too.  The West Chester area was always more built up.  Even our wide open spaces aren't as wide open as you are used to. I think we have more people here in Newark than live in all of Elk County. When did you graduate?

Rudy Taylor

This is the part of the forum that I like best.

Sharing common experiences, even when 1,500 miles apart, is always fun.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk