ROLL CALL TO ALL MEMBERS !!!!

Started by Teresa, May 05, 2007, 10:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Well, I would but I don't want to discourage any shy folks and I have let a few recent funny ones go because of that. I'm accused of being a fancy purist as it is! ;D   Well, maybe I'll mention one unnamed person who had homemade kahulas recently and I wanted to ask her if she wore a grass skirt when she made them, but I thought better of it and left it alone. I don't want to make anyone mad at me.

dandymomma

As an honest answer, yes, it is hard to jump in when people have been talking on the boards all day long. I only get to visit you all late at night or on the weekends, and when I don't have a lot of time to read everything to get the whole picture before I post on a topic, sometimes it's easier not to post at all.

I know you guys would like to keep the topics local, but I know I would sure like to share with you all where I live, where I've been, what I do, and all of that good stuff. My family ties are to Howard, and I would actually like to move back there once the kids are grown, provided that my investments pay off and that there is something left of Social Security by that time. But for now, I live where I live, as do we all, and I'd sure like to share the beauty of the Pacific Northwest with you.

Ole Granny

Please do share with us your special times and moments of your days.  We enjoy everything!
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Wilma

SHARE, SHARE, SHARE!!!!  I would love to know more about the west.  My one experience west of the Rockies was to Washington State where I saw an ocean for the first time.  I would love to go back but I am afraid my traveling days are over.  The ride is too tiring anymore.  So, share anything, everything and all of it. Start you own threads and don't worry about responding to what has been going on all day.  That is just out of boredom anyway.

Joanna

I agree wholeheartedly!  Sometimes I post a lot, sometimes not much at all.  I think I practically live here on this computer (It's in the spare room of my fantasy world, Jo!) but occasionally I find a topic that's been going on for pages that I haven't read.  Oh well ~ **whisper mode ON** Just between you and me, if I see something in there I want to comment on from way back, I just ignore the new posts and comment on it anyway.   No one has called me on it yet!  **whisper mode OFF** ;)

We'd enjoy hearing what you have to post ~ and you already know we'll probably give you some good-natured back-talk, it's the way this forum family works!  And it does work well!

Janet Harrington

Yes, dandymomma, tell us about your life and where you live.  I would love to hear it.  I have been as far northwest as Alaska, but that was by plane.  It is beautiful and I would love to go back.

Teresa

Definitely... I love to hear and see (slide shows??) where everyone lives..
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

W. Gray

We are headed west next month. Oregon and Idaho are the only states in the west I have never  visited.

I am looking forward to seeing the Willamette Valley where most of the wagon trains leaving from Independence, Missouri, were headed.

I was fascinated by Crater Lake when I was a kid. At the time, no one knew how deep it was. Since then it has been determined to be almost 2,000 feet to the bottom.

Besides the scenery I am looking forward to seeing the Spruce Goose and I promised the wife there would be no train rides this time. She also wants to go to Yosemite park.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Janet Harrington

Jim got to go to Yosemite Park with his best friend from High School about a year ago now.  He loved it.  It was beautiful and the pictures the he took and his buddy took were wonderful.  Hope you enjoy it, Waldo.

Jo McDonald

Fred and I and Donald [ Fred's late brother] and his wife Rosalie took two back pack trips to Bridger National Forest north of Pinedale, Wyoming.  One of these days I will post about them.  They were probably the best vacations we ever had outside of when we were with our girls and their families.
            Later 'Gators
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk