ROLL CALL TO ALL MEMBERS !!!!

Started by Teresa, May 05, 2007, 10:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Oh, my ...We've got 'em pulling out the dictionaries! What have we done? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

kdfrawg

Janet Harrington

You guys are all soooooooo funny.   >:( >:( >:(

kdfrawg

Golly, Janet, thank you! Coming from you, that means a lot to me. For a while there I was afraid I was attempting humor with no positive result, but now that I know you approve, I'll keep on trying until I get it right!

;D

Leonardcrl

Thanks everybody for welcoming me aboard.  I'll try to address some of the obvious.

Frank Winn - Yes my mother did teach 4th grade in Howard for some time along with stops in several one and two room rural schools in the surrounding area.  She started teaching as a 16 year old (I think) then stopped to raise a family until the late 1940s when she replaced my teacher at Mound Branch. She finally stopped teaching when she got her Master's from Southwestern in the early 1960s.  However Frank you must not of bothered her much since I don't recall her mentioning your name.  That was a privilege she reserved for her real problems.  As for your sister (Velda?) she was a year ahead of me.

Waldo Gray - The fact that I was confusing you with your, barber/store owner/coon hunter/coon dog breeder, uncle explains a lot.  I thought it was amazing that old Waldo had taken up Elk County history at such an advanced age.  However with Rose Nix Leo as an example - I figured that it might have been possible.  -  BTW Waldo,  How did you get so interested in Elk County of the bygone years?

I'll be checking in on the good old days area on a regular basis. 

I have also added by personal weblog to my profile.  It is nowhere as fine as this one but then I'm still learning. :)

Regards
-=crl=-
Regards
-=Carl=-
San Antonio Tx.

Diane Amberg

Welcome and thank you for doing such a nice roll call response. Now for the rest,  who are out there hiding behind the cottonwod trees..... come hither and do likewise......please?

giester2

Good afternoon to all!

My name is DeAnne Giesy.  I am the daughter of John L (Larry) Giesy of Moline and Joyce Goodnight Giesy of Howard.  My grandparents are/were Jack and Mary (Toots) Giesy, and Ed and Alice Goodnight.

I was born in Houston, Texas, but every year my parents would take my brother and me to Elk County to visit family, usually at Thanksgiving or Christmas.

I had lots of learning and life experiences in Elk County like

Education = How to play pool at Doug's Place (with a mop handle)

Street Smarts = How to not get pool sharked by my cousins in Doug's Place

Economics = Paul would always give the girls 5 quarters for a dollar at Doug's Place

Country Smarts = Never chase a calf when the "babysitter" is watching

Common Sense = Always close the gate when you go to the cattle pond or a stampede will occur

Family Support = Make sure Dad is behind you to catch you when you fire a 12 gauge shotgun for the first time

Physics = Never try to take a boat down pawpaw creek

Weather = My first snow and ice storm

Animals = Saw and touched my first cow and horse, and saw my first male cardinal, my first doe, buck and fawn (not all together), rabbit and bobcat

The biggest thing that I learned in Elk County is that family is everything and will always be there.  I learned how strong a family can be when we all stick together no matter what happens. 
Born in Texas with Kansan Blood

littlelamb

my name is Mary Love married to Joe Love . Im not a from Elk county I moved hear in the early 90's I Live in longton now lived in howard for 10 years or more . i work at double-c for Dana Denton. i have a beautifull  niece Rochelle Cookson and a awsome grate nephew mason cookson.my  life is simple and i like that way . My husband sereved a 1 1/2 in iraq and i am very proud of him . i have two min ponies i call them chip and dale. if you want to know just ask im an open book

mary love

Diane Amberg

Thank you both for doing such a nice report. That is exactly what we want. You both get an "A." Be sure to read the old messages too; there's some good entertainment there.

frawin

To Carl Leonard, I think it was my sister Charlene that was in your class, weren't you in the class of 1952.
Frank Winn

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk