ROLL CALL TO ALL MEMBERS !!!!

Started by Teresa, May 05, 2007, 10:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

Me, too.  I love young people.  I always try to talk to them when I see any hanging out somewhere.  I would think that after awhile they would see me and start running.  ha ha

Anyway, stay young in your heart, give your heart to the Lord, and you will be forever young.

dandymomma

You amaze me.

I'm 30 years old, and I can't stand teenagers. To me they are a general nuisance. They are disrespectful, ungrateful thugs for the most part. At least the ones I've encountered out in public.

I'm doing everything I can to raise my kids to NOT be that way. I pray that I will be successful. Maybe after my kids get to be that age, I will appreciate teenagers more, and I hope that later in life I will have your attitude.

Janet Harrington

Ah, dandymomma.  Just remember.  You used to be a teenager.  I bet there were people that couldn't stand teenagers when you were growing up.  ha ha  I know that I irritated a lot of people when I was growing up.  Heck, I'm still irritating people.  That's my job and I'm good at it.

frawin

Wilma, I don't remember his name.  But I do know that he was not from around here.  You probably knew Roger Nighswontger's family that lived around Howard.  I don't remember if they lived in Union Center Township.
Myrna

Wilma

I know who Roger Nighswonger is.  He was younger than me so wasn't of any significance.  I can't remember his parent's names.  I think they were Mary and Paul, but since their children weren't my age, I didn't pay that much attention to it.  There were several Nighswonger families around the town that I grew up in.  I knew that the Nighswonger that owned land in Union Center Twp. was from over there but I couldn't remember his name.  I would still like to know if the teacher was of any connection.  The ones that I knew the best were the twin girls that were in the class below mine.  Being small classes we were all one big happy family no matter the difference in our ages.  Roger was a cousin to this family, I think.

Wilma

Myrna, you say this family lived around here.  I seem to remember that a family moved somewhere after they lost a son in the war.  I just don't remember my folks saying anything about them living in Elk County, whether they moved before we did or after.  I just didn't  pay much attention to anything that didn't concern me directly.

flo

Dandymomma, I can't believe that the only teenagers you meet up with are thugs.  Maybe that are the only ones you are "seeing" - When I was a teenager I know adults thought we were doomed - when my girls were teenagers, they weren't angels, what they and their friends couldn't think up to do, only the good Lord knows, but they outgrew those days, just as I did.  There were bad seeds in my day, there were bad seeds in my girls' day and there are bad seeds now, but look around you.  There are so many more good kids.  My own grandchildren make me cringe sometimes - what with all the earrings, body piercings, and they know I don't like it, but I love them just the same.  Their music drives me up the wall but adults thought our music was sending us straight to the firey furnace.  My refrigerator is covered with magnets - one Christmas one of my granddaughters with so many many earrings, nose rings, lip rings, eyebrow rings, etc. was standing in the kitchen, and I told her to please not stand so close to the refrigerator.  She wanted to know why and I told her if those magnets every get hold of her, we'd never get her loose.  We all had a good laugh but she knew I still loved her.  Told one grandson if he didn't pull his pants up I was gonna go find him a pair of suspenders.  He did and we laughed.  You have to look beyond the outside to see the real person young or old.  Sometimes it's hard, but that's the way it is . . .
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

flo

MYRNA, found it.  I finally looked for his autograph in the yearbook.  The name was Bob Nighswonger.  How could we forget such a simple name, altho as I said we called him Mr. Nighswonger. Anyhow, now that's solved.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Mom70x7

QuoteHeck, I'm still irritating people.  That's my job and I'm good at it.

Yeah, Janet, but we still love you. Life would be so boring without you around.  :laugh:

[size=09pt]'course with MY kids, life wasn't ever boring anyhow.  ;D and those teenage years - wowsers! ! ! [/size]

Wilma

Myrna, Flo:  Now that I know what his name was, I will have to e-mail my sister which family he belonged to.  I think I remember there was a Bob but he was so much older it didn't mean anything to me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk