ROLL CALL TO ALL MEMBERS !!!!

Started by Teresa, May 05, 2007, 10:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Do not check your spelling!!! Where would we get great new bloopers? Although I AM going to collect all the teachers on this site and teach an apostrophe use class for all of you.  :D :D :D :D Simple plural words don't need 's. Just think of all the key strokes you could save!!  ;D ;D

kdfrawg

or we could take a lesson from the great e.e. cummings and eschew all capitaization and punctuation i know it seems odd but he assured readers that with only a little practice everyone would get quickly used to reading things written that way that would save a lot of time and typing as well

Diane Amberg

thatmightworkbuttherecouldbesomeconfusionifyouarenotcarefulforpeoplelikemewhoneverhadatypingclassandamverypoorlyselftaught i know this is what you really meant but my other is funnier 

Diane Amberg

DLD
You're a poet
and don't know it
not a sheep
but a go-et

flo

no thank you  >:( this world moves at too fast a pace as it is.  Time to stop, take a deep breath, and enjoy the things around you and once you've had a chance to relax and rest your eyes, THEN you can scroll back up and read Diane's sentence.  (we need to teach her "proper" use of the space bar, I'm thinkin'  ;D) I don't think that would ever catch on, especially with us "mature" fogies. :P :angel:
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Diane Amberg

How "mature" do you have to be, to be considered a fogey? I think I have the fogeyism (is that a word?) down pretty well.....the mature part, not so much.

flo

reminds me of a t-shirt my aunt gave me -

AGING IS INEVITABLE, MATURING IS OPTIONAL

(I opted not to mature  :angel:)

kdfrawg

I have tried very hard to mature enough to accept responsibility but way short of becoming a stick in the mud. Sometimes I think I'm doing pretty well, other times I wonder. I was pretty amazed to make it to the age of thirty. Now that I have gotten twice that far, I am very sure that the universe is out to dazzle and amaze me. That's working, too.

;D

flo

if we get to maturing too much, we won't be able to adapt to all these changes.  Remember when the "electric" typewriter came out and I thought that thing just types to fast and with little pressure from the fingers?????? Classroom only had one and the rest were manual.  We took turns using the "new" one.  If my typing teacher could see me now.  Myrna, wonder what happened to Mr. Neiswonger??

Diane Amberg

Did any of you take Latin? I had two years of it. That's why I never took typing.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk