What Moms Really Want For Mother's Day

Started by genealogynut, April 30, 2007, 09:18:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

genealogynut

* To be able to eat a whole candy bar (alone) and drink a soda without any "floaties" (ie, backwash)

* To have her 14 year old daughter answer without rolling her eyes in the "Why is this person my mother?" way.

* Five pounds of chocolate that won't add twenty pounds to her figure.

* A full time cleaning person who looks like Brad Pitt.

* A shower without a child peeking through the curtain with a "Hi Ya Mom!'' just as she puts a razor to her ankle.

* For her teenager to announce, "Hey, Mom!  I got a full scholarship and a job all in the same day!"

* A grocery store that doesn't have candy/gum/cheap toys displayed at the checkout line.

* To have a family meal without a discussion about bodily secretions.

* To be able to step on a plane with their toddlers and NOT have someone moan, "Oh no! Why me?"

* To occasionally get to sleep late on the weekend.  I mean is this too much to ask?

* To actually carry on a normal phone conversation with her toddler in the SAME room.

* To actually be able to finish a HOT cup of coffee while her kids are present.  An impossible feat!

* To take a hot bath without her toddler suddenly screaming, "Mommy, I have to go potty!" as soon as she hits the water.

CrumCowgirlMama

Jo McDonald

You WILL have that some day, girls ---- Butttttt   all of the above will be sorely missed.

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Sarah

ROFL

OHHH, I can soooo identify with most of that.  Especially about the phone and the bath!!!  EVERY TIME I get in the shower someone is banging on the door wanting in the bathroom.  Sheeesh!

LisaT

To make it through a whole day without having to make any decisions at all!!!!None whatsoever.

Janet Harrington

We used to follow mother into the bathroom because sometimes that was the only way you could talk to her just one on one.  I'm sure she got tired of it.   ;D

MarineMom

Quote from: Jo McDonald on April 30, 2007, 10:05:38 AM
You WILL have that some day, girls ---- Butttttt   all of the above will be sorely missed.

I second that! :) I used to long for the day when my kids would give me a few moments to myself now I long for the days when they come visit ;D

Mom70x7

QuoteOHHH, I can soooo identify with most of that.  Especially about the phone and the bath!!!  EVERY TIME I get in the shower someone is banging on the door wanting in the bathroom.  Sheeesh!

That still happens! And all my kids are grown!  :D

Or I'm in the bathroom and the phone rings and they ask if I'm going to answer it! Not at the moment, thank you!!!

So they answer it and then ask if I'm ready to talk!!! Still, not at the moment, thank you!!! You'd think they never learned to take a message!   :D   :D   :D

Sarah

Quote from: Mom70x7 on May 01, 2007, 07:44:10 AM
QuoteOHHH, I can soooo identify with most of that.  Especially about the phone and the bath!!!  EVERY TIME I get in the shower someone is banging on the door wanting in the bathroom.  Sheeesh!

That still happens! And all my kids are grown!  :D

Or I'm in the bathroom and the phone rings and they ask if I'm going to answer it! Not at the moment, thank you!!!

So they answer it and then ask if I'm ready to talk!!! Still, not at the moment, thank you!!! You'd think they never learned to take a message!   :D   :D   :D

LOL
What I would like to know is why my 3 year old is a perfect angel UNTIL I get on the phone!!  Then he whines, cries, gets into stuff, yells.  Anything he can think of to keep me from being able to hear.  Not to mention, it then sounds like I have absolutely no control over my child.  I'm sure most people that have talked to me on the phone probably think I have 100 kids instead of only 4.  LOL

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk