Another picture of Howard High School

Started by Janet Harrington, April 29, 2007, 01:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

Frank Winn e-mailed me this picture, so I have added it to the forum.  Now, someone provide us with some dates (years) these photos were probably taken.  Both pictures have cars in them.  The one from Marcia has some kind of a Model T Ford or something like that.  The one Frank Winn sent has some different kind of old cars in it.

W. Gray

To my eyes, the automobile in the forefront appears to be a 47 or 48 Studebaker.

The first parked car appears to be a 54 Dodge.

The back most car appears to be a Willys Station Wagon.

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Janet Harrington

Oh, cool.  I knew someone would know what kind of cars they were.  And snow on the ground.  Imagine that.

frawin

The Studebaker is and early 50s 'Commander" and belonged to Lewis Ray Fuerstch our Sciemce Teacher. He later traded it in on a Blue and White Studebaker Silver Hawk, which was very futuristic.. Mr Fuertsch left Howard and went to Easter Oklahoma State College at Wilburton , Oklahoma where taught for 30 Years. He now lives in the Kansas City area and is doing great. He loaned me a bunch of slides from the 50s and I had them copied off in pictures for my collection of Howard High School pictures from the 50s.

Janet Harrington

Well, Frank, just how old is Lewis Ray Fuerstch now???

frawin

Janet I would guess he is around 80. He was very young when he taught at Howard in the mid 50s. He came to the Alumni banquet last year. Really a neat person and was a great teacher.
Frank

Janet Harrington

How cool.  Thank you for sharing that, Frank.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk