Illegal immigration

Started by Janet Harrington, April 09, 2007, 04:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

LIBERTY
"Just last week, I was arguing the [illegal immigration] issue with a friend. I pointed out that every other country in the world guards its borders, and that definitely includes Mexico, which protects its own southern border while violating our own on a daily basis. He said he didn't care what other countries did. He believed that America, being America, should have a welcome mat out for anyone who wants to enter. He didn't want to slam the door in the face of poor people. I told him he was a hypocrite. After all, I knew for a fact that he had locks on the windows and doors of his home. Why shouldn't poor people be allowed to enter his dwelling and set up housekeeping in his living room?" —Bert Prelutsky

Teresa

You just HAD to open that door didn't you Ta Ta!~
You just had to~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

I have such strong feelings about this subject that if I get started, I won't ever stop.
Maybe I can say this in less than 1 billion words...

I think that there are different countries for reasons...
You may visit a country..any country...coming in the right and legal way..( not with a back pack on and 17 family members trailing behind you wading across the rivers border.........

Visit our country... BUT if you are not willing to go through ALL the red tape and legal paper work to be a permanant citizen... take on our English language as the one you will speak.. abide by our laws and customs, have work so you can support yourself, and pay U.S. taxes....
Then stay the hell out!
We don't need or want any more people to have to  subsidize.

The United States is literally busting at the seams. You can not over crowd the stew pot with the too many different kinds of vegetables.. after awhile.. you don't have stew.. you just have a mushy mess that  isn't worth anything.
Everyone wants to come to America and do what? Do they want to be Americans and act like Americans? No!
80-90% collect food stamps, have housing, and medical cards..and who pays for it? WE DO.. and we have people who are American citizens who can't afford insurance and are living in less than desirable housing..and working full time!
We have children that are abused and hungry and old people that can't afford a/c in the summer or heat in the winter.. We have homeless people on our streets and we want to allow every other country to dump their homeless and poor on us?
I don't think so! 

America IS NOT a giant welcome mat! And what really chaps my hide is that when they sneak in here illegally.. we coddle them.. They are breaking the law!~~and we give them money and food and housing and benefits and they commit crimes and we know that they are not legal citizens.. and we still coddle them, and give them more money for lawyers etc..
WHAT in the hell is wrong with this picture! And do we send them back immediately? Noooooo... we let them stay!
And they refuse to speak English.. they bash our customs.. they want their own churches and their own grocery stores etc etc etc... the list goes on and on and on.....
If they want everything that they have in their own country then why in the name of  the Lord don't they just STAY in their own country!?

If anyone thinks I am heartless, their wrong. I care about people as much as anyone.. but we can NOT save the world.. and to try to save the world we are going to destroy ours...In fact we are on the way  down.. We can not support everyone.. it is killing us.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Janet Harrington

Ms. T,

You should go on the Sean Hannity show.  When immigration is the topic, he always asks the caller why these people should be allowed to break the law?

You'd make a great guest.

Ta Ta

Wilma

That is something I don't understand.  Just being an illegal immigrant is breaking the law.  So why aren't they punished?  If I went where I was told not to I would be charged with trespassing.  And prosecuted.  So why aren't illegal immigrants punished?  I could rant about this for a long time, too. 

I wonder if any of our legislators read this forum. 

Teresa

Quote from: Janet Harrington on April 09, 2007, 07:07:13 PM
Ms. T,

You should go on the Sean Hannity show.  When immigration is the topic, he always asks the caller why these people should be allowed to break the law?

You'd make a great guest.

Ta Ta

Well thank you~~
I love Fox News..and Sean Hannity and the Bill O'Reilly ( The Factor)

I just need to be on the board of the Border Patrol.. or better yet.. Put me on the Borders...
Yeahhhhh THAT would be a good job for me..

Teresa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM7hoauFLDU&mode=related&search=

Look at this....

When Bill O'Reilly got into that heated debate with Geraldo, it made the news on Good Morning America etc.. But for all the wrong reasons...
The subject matter NEVER made it to the people from the other networks.. but the "Heated Argument" sure did.
( What is wrong with this picture?)

What the liberals on these other networks and what Geraldo ( who would like to see open borders)  doesn't seem to understand is that.......
IF that Illegal Mexican had been shipped back to his own country when he had the FIRST drunk driving charge, we wouldn't have 2 dead girls.
It ISN"T about  drunk driving.
It is about a person who isn't even supposed to be on our streets, or in our country.. let alone driving drunk for the 3rd time, no less..and 2 young girls being killed because of it.
THAT is what it is about.

If the border patrol and our government and the law had done their job... he wouldn't even had been here.
Hense.. no illegal.. no dead girls ...and one less drunk driver on the streets.   

Janet Harrington

You are absolutely right, Ms. T.  If he had been sent back the very first time he was arrested for DUI, then the fatal accident would not have happened.  If he had been charged and convicted for being in the US illegally, then maybe those poor girls parents would not be grieving today.  However; as long as the US does not get tough on our border, then we will continue to have these problems.

Terrell

Looking at another side of immigration, the following link might be of interest. The link is to a terrific series on looking at immigration numbers as dictated by Congressional policy.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=n7WJeqxuOfQ&mode=related&search=

Dee Gee

Received by E-mail

A lady wrote the best letter in the Editorials in ages!! It explains things better than all the balderdash you hear on TV.

Recently large demonstrations have taken place across the country protesting the fact that Congress is finally addressing the issue of illegal immigration.

Certain people are angry that the US might protect its own borders, might make it harder to sneak into this country and, once here, to stay indefinitely.

Let me see if I correctly understand the thinking behind these protests.

Let's say I break into your house.

Let's say that when you discover me in your house, you insist that I leave.

But I say, "I've made all the beds and washed the dishes and did the laundry and swept the floors; I've done all the things you don't like to do.

I'm hard-working and honest (except for when I broke into your house).

According to the protesters, not only must you let me stay, you must add me to your family's insurance plan, educate my kids, and provide other benefits to me and to my family (my husband will do your yard work because he too is hard-working and honest, except for that breaking in part).

If you try to call the police or force me out, I will call my friends who will picket your house carrying signs that proclaim my right to be there.

It's only fair, after all, because you have a nicer house than I do, and I'm just trying to better myself.

I'm hard-working and honest, um, except for well, you know.

And what a deal it is for me!!

I live in your house, contributing only a fraction of the cost of my keep, and there is nothing you can do about it without being accused of selfishness, prejudice and being anti-housebreaker.

Oh yes, and I want you to learn my language so you can communicate with me

Why can't people see how ridiculous this is?! 

Only in America....
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

MarineMom

I am an immigrant and some people think I should sympathise with the illegals--well I do not! it took 2 years to get all the paperwork and interviews taken care of so that I could come to this country legally My fiance got posted back to th US while we were jumping through all the hoops had to have a medical exam to make sure I was disease (std) free had to sign a paper to say I had never engaged in prostitution then had to sign papers so they could do a back ground check to make sure I was telling the truth had to have a mental exam to make sure I was not insane and had to take an intelligence test to see if I was smart enough to come to America it is a slow and frustrating process (and not cheap but probably cheaper than paying a coyote to get me across the border))  then after I lived here for 7 years I was able to repeat the process so I could become a citizen (also not cheap) It was worth the hassle. I have absolutly no sympathy for illegels and do not understand why they cannot go the embassy in their respective countries and do it right...then they would not have to worry about who is at their front door or INS showing up at work and seperating them from their children or any of the other stuff they are constantly wah wahing about. Yes the legal way is slow, but all the countries in the world expect immigrants to go through very similar processes so why IS the US expected to welcome all the illegals with open arms and wallets? Oh and as an after thought when I came here in 1978 and got my son enrolled in school I was told by his teacher not to read to him until I learned to pronounce words the "correct" (American) way ;) I think they should still do that :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk