Mullendore Murder Case

Started by genealogynut, April 05, 2007, 01:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

Thank you, Teresa.  That was well stated, also.

As for too much sugar, there isn't enough sugar in the world to make Ms. T sweet.  So there.

And you are right, you would have to delete everything I said.

Teresa

And wash your mouth out with soap too.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Janet Harrington

Well, at least it wouldn't be with sweet sugary stuff. :P :P

M-Mullendore

I was online the other day and I saw the E-mail post my wife had made and some of your chat group's responses. The last I heard Elk County was in Kansas. My father, E.C. Mullendore III was murdered in Oklahoma! Correct me if I am wrong but isn't that a long way from Elk County, Ks. Discussing the history of Elk county and remembering the pertinate facts of your county's progression through the ages should be your focus. I will be the first one to agree that my ancestors made real and important contributions to your community. They were all, to a fault, friends of mankind and did their best to help, both on a personal level as well as performing their civic responsibilities, and duties. I understand that public curiosity is tweaked every now and again. But to keep something alive with this incessant drama only hurts the innocent victims of the crime. I could not possibly expect you people to understand. What happened to my family is an ongoing, never ending litany of questions about who, what, when, where, & why! People such as yourselves perpetuate this drama with your little chat groups. I have been trying to put this behind me for decades! As long as there are people such as yourselves, the tragic drama will continue to effect my family and me. I am in the ranching industry; I am lucky enough to hear daily reminders of my family from my business associates across the United States. Those reminders are always positive, talking about honesty, fairplay, and the highest degree of integrity. Those are qualities to be remembered! However, it only takes one scatter-brained sensationalist, who is making asinine comments or asking rude questions to ruin a perfectly beautiful God given day! As far as I'm concerned people such as yourselves, who continue to sensationalize my Father's Murder, don't deserve to draw a breath of air much less continue to perpetuate a chapter of history with half truths, supposition, and innuendo! Since one of your little group brought up the question of local donations. I think raising money for Children's Cancer, and Breast Cancer, research along with a host of other worthy causes is certainly more important than another statue in your park for the pigeons to paint. So tell me, when was the last time you raised over 200K for any worthy causes? As far as I am concerned there was a reason my side of the family left that part of Kansas in the first place and then never looked back!

E.C. Mullendore IV 

That's Number IV for any of you people that may have any Questions!
  :-*

Kjell H.

To EC Mullendore, his wife,  and to the forum members:

I will comment on this as a separate post from Teresa. She and I own and moderate 2 other web sites and forums with  anywhere from 5,000-6,000 visitors a day and up to 3,000 posts per day, so we have plenty of experience in this area...and we both feel the need to comment on this separately.

What we can learn from this particular thread is that it shows what people are thinking and asking about a certain issue. It is not about what people from Elk County, Kansas thinks. The only difference is that we accidently have a forum in Elk County where people's thought and minds are moved from the streets, the front porches, the cafes and coffee shops, and ends up in writing.
It also reflects that people are talking wherever they live knowing about this case.
E.C..... you cannot stop that, no matter how much you want it. And by your response and the way you respond, you trigger more attention, not the opposite. But the attention is not about this case. You draw attention to the fact that you want to downsize and look down at people who probably haven't had a chance to donate 200K to a good cause. What has that to do with all this?

Nothing! As a matter of fact, this thread or street talk ..and it's not just in Elk County, has moved away from it's original topic.

It has been many moons since I thought about what I am about to say.
About 7-8 years ago, I worked side by side with a man I met who later became a good friend,  when I was working with a group called the "Night Ravens". It was a group of people who walked the streets among narcotics, prostitutes and the homeless. Our job was not to get them arrested, but to help those who really wanted help and needed to talk. We were a diverse group, from regular cops, housewives, teachers and like my friend, who was a multimillionaire who owned a hotel chain in Scandinavia.
I was the only one who knew his background at the time. He wanted to help, not because of  his status, but just by being a human being. Yes, he had donated 300k to build a shelter for battered women, but he did it anonymous. But as he said, he wanted to help like a good neighbor, not as a check book and to have it announced in public through media or through his own words. It felt better to give that way because it just felt good personally. His brother was killed 3 years earlier by the same kind of people he was helping. 

And for those who feel that this thread has turned into a thread where people of Elk County have been made to feel small and not worthy to breathe air, let me assure you this.....

In all levels of society there are always a small number of people who need to emphasize their importance in terms of achievements, moneywise or other wise. They are everywhere in towns big or small and have to brag and act like that whether they earn $500...5k or millions.

Let me say something to the people on this forum..
You are all worthy good people and it doesn't matter what your income is.  Just because you raised a question on a public forum as if you asked the questions or answered them on the street, don't feel bad about it. Just because you have not given 200k to a good cause, doesn't mean that you have not given something that is as valuable as money. We all give to someone in need, from a shoulder to cry on, an ear to listen, 10 dollars to the library..... it all comes from the heart and reflects a great value for the society no matter your resources.

And if you don't keep track of what you give, like my friend, then you have my admiration.

E.C, I understand your pain and your loss, believe me.. I do.
What I don't understand is your arrogance which reflects a lot more in your posts than your pain.
So... I do feel sorry for you in more than one way. I wish you and your family the best.

Kjell Heilevang
aka Marshal Halloway
Marshal Halloway

Teresa

Sir,
First , I would like to say that I will do everything in my power to conduct myself in a dignified manner where this is concerned............
But I will be honest in telling you that you make it very hard to do that.
I'm sure I will read your post several more times before I finish my carefully chosen words, as my first knee jerk response would not be appropriate in a public forum. Nor would it accomplish anything other than making me look like the same ass as you have made yourself look like.

I don't have a number 4 behind my name or thousands of dollars to use to try to impress people when all other means and manners fail. So I will try my best to use what small amount of country knowledge, that my education and 54 years of experience have given me.

IF..and I use that word loosely.... IF this topic was worth spending a great deal of time on,
I would take your post.. dissect it line by line and comment on each and every sentence.
I was on the champion debate team in college, so believe me, there is nothing that I would enjoy more. 
But we're not going to turn this into a debate.

We also are not going to sit in a sandbox like 2 small children and throw sand at each other on something that happened 37 years ago, and serves absolutely no purpose other than showing lack of maturity on an issue that matters only to you.
But I AM going to stand up for my people in this "little chat room" as you so arrogantly and pompously called it.

I am fully aware of more than 'just a few' things Mr. & Mrs. Mullendore IV.

One, is that I don't think that the members of this forum needs anyone ...no matter how many $$ signs they have to try to impress people with... to tell us what we need to focus on.
We focus on many many issues that may or may not pass your approval. Not all of them are in Elk County. We share and discuss news about our children and families, births and deaths, silly things, funny things, birthday's and anniversary's, the price of gas, groceries,  past issues and present issues from the streets and from issues of newspapers. We share our lives with each other in pictures and videos and it doesn't matter what side of the tracks you come from, you are welcome to join in.  We are people from all parts of the world, with all levels of financial status' .Some of us have never met and never will, and some are new friends and some are old forever friends.
We laugh together, cry together, pray together...
We talk about tons of things ... then we move on.

I'm sure that not all of the issues that you or your wife talk about in life are Mary Poppins based. I'm sure that you have discussed issue's  with others that you "wondered" about.  There will always be someone who doesn't approve or who will disagree with what you are talking about. And I am sure you have had your share, That is ok... but agree to disagree and use respect. 

And I beg your pardon.. but the only ones that are keeping this thread alive and sensationalizing your fathers tragedy is you and your wife, Mr Mullendore......with more incessant drama than I have witnessed in quite some time.
You say that you have been trying to put this behind you for decades. I believe that you have tried.
Losing a parent in that way would be devastating.

Because of posting and innocently discussing an article from 37 years ago, you took what was an ant hill and built it into a mountain.
If it hadn't of been for your posts, the thread would have been long forgotten by now.
Instead of quietly calling me on the phone.. or emailing me with a request to take the thread off..( which I have done before)
you and your wife made the choice to climb upon your high and mighty thrones, name calling, passing judgment and bragging about how much you have donated to this and that and blah blah blah..( which had absolutely NOTHING to do with the issue about your father) and you spewed out your frustration and anger aiming it on the people in this forum. Seems to me you are blaming us for the path that you have to walk on and learn from.

We all have issues to deal with. Some are worse than others, but the last I knew, we all put our pants on in the morning and take them off for bed the same way at night. So excuse me if I'm not impressed with all your ranching industry, your daily reminders of your honesty, fair play, and the highest degree of integrity  that you get from your business associates across the United States.

I will say it very slowly one more time ............
No where in any of the posts on this forum thread is there any disrespect shown to the Mullendore family. There was a passing interest on the crime..  some very comments and wonderful nice memories of the Mullendore family.. but not one  rude or crude comment anywhere at all.

I wished I could say the same thing about your posts Mr. & Mrs. Mullendore IV.

I resent greatly the fact that you consider good kind loving  people you don't even know or have never met, asinine, scatter-brained sensationalists, who don't deserve to draw a breath of air.
Excuse me??!??
You not only stepped on their toes sir.. you stomped on mine...!
But I'm sure you could care less about anything other than your focus on YOU and YOUR tragedy that you continue to keep alive within yourself 24 -7.  You do have some anger issues to deal with, don't you.

For someone who hates Elk County so much.. (and I DO realize that Hulah isn't in Elk County...and you now know why your family left this part of Kansas in the first place and then never looked back!.).. Why are you even in our website and reading what is in the "Elk County Forum?" If you hadn't of been in there reading stuff, you would have never seen the thread.
If you wanted to put it behind you.. why wouldn't  you just shut the Computer down... Turn  the TV off.... throw the newspaper in the trash!
There are lots of ways you keep yourself form being a subject to the "issues".

I feel pathetically sorry for you and your wife Mr Mullendore.. for many many reasons.
I wish for you and your family peace of mind.

Those who use the forum do so to have a break, to catch up and relax a bit..
I will not have it become a war zone.

The thread will be locked ..and no more posts will be accepted..

Teresa Cookson Heilevang
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk