FLOCK, Lulavon Bella (Speer) - b. June 26, 1905 - d June 9, 2001

Started by Dee Gee, April 05, 2007, 09:34:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee Gee

Eureka Herald
June 21, 2001

Lulavon Bella Flock 95, of Howard, died on June 9, 2001, at the Howard Twilight Manor Nursing Home in Howard.

She was born on June 26, 1905, in Fiat in Elk County, the daughter of Marion and Margaret Louise (Wilson) Speer.

She attended rural Vale School for her primary education.

She was united in marriage to John Forrest Flock on April 15, 1926, in Sedan. To this union four children were born.

She and her husband lived on a farm northeast of Howard at Indian Creek until 1944, then moved to Winfield. In 1958, they moved to Severy after her husband lost his job due to a fire.  While in Severy, he and his son Ronald developed an alfalfa mill company.

In the spring of 1970 , her husband died.  She remained home until 1988 when she went to Severy to live with her daughter.  She later moved to the Howard Twilight Manor due to health problems.

She taught Sunday school, cooked for the sick and sewed for children in orphanages.  She also spent time planting flowers, writing poetry and baking.

She is survived by daughters, Mary Margaret Hukle of Severy, Clara Flock of Winfield, Beverly Lue Fuqua of Peace Valley, Mo.; son Donald Paul Flock of Rock of Rockport, Maine' sisters, Aline Benest of Severy and Mildred Lawman of Little Rock, Ark.; 14 grandchildren, 26 great-grandchildren, six great-great-grandchildren and several nieces and nephews.

She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, a baby brother, brother Paul, sister, Lois Clark and son, Ronald John of Winfield.

Funeral services were held at the Zimmerman Funeral Home on Saturday, June 16 with Marty Talifaerro officiating. Interment was held at Grace Lawn Cemetery in Howard.

A memorial has been established with the Eureka Church of Christ. Contributions may be left with Zimmerman Funeral home in Howard who was also in charge of arrangements.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Dee Gee

I noticed as I was typing this up it says there were four children born to this union but there is four listed as surviving her with one more preceding her in death.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

genealogynut

I noticed it listed Clara Flock as a survivor.  Clara was a daughter-in-law, as she was the wife of Ron Flock.  Ron was a son of Luluvon's.  Glad to see you posting, DeeGee!!! ;D

Luluvon's brother, Paul Speer, was Don's uncle by marriage.

Dee Gee

I not familiar with all of her family but I know her dad was married to my grandmother.  So I guess that is why I have the saved obit.

genealogynut

DeeGee, would you happen to have a copy of Marions Speer's obit?  If you do, will you please post it?  Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk