You Know You're In Kansas When..........

Started by genealogynut, March 31, 2007, 12:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emptynest

Wilma,
Yes, there were plenty of pictures and video being taken during our Easter egg hunt.  It was really quite delightful.  In my 26 years of teaching, I have never had that happen before.  I will see what I can do to get some pictures on here.  And that is a good suggestion for the paper, too.  Should have had one ready for the 10:00 news tonight.  Everyone else sent in their weather pictures........

Wilma

"The North wind doth blow
And we shall have snow.
And what will poor robin do?"

Now I have seen it.

Janet Harrington

So, what did the poor robin do?  Did they hide in bushes and try to stay warm?  The only thing I have seen today are crackles (SP?) and blue jays.

Dee Gee

I don't know what the Robin's do, but my Purple Martins are all huddled together on the windward side of the bird houses.  I would like to do something to help stay warm but I don't know how or what it would be.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Wilma

Janet, that is grackles.  I don't know what the poor robin did.  I can't remember the rest of it.  The robins that I have seen are all puffed up trying to keep warm.  Wish I had a can of worms to throw to them.

Janet Harrington

Thank you, my brilliant Mother, for giving me the correct spelling for that grackle bird.

Mom70x7

The North wind doth blow and we shall have snow,
And what will poor robin do then, poor thing?
He'll sit in a barn and keep himself warm
and hide his head under his wing, poor thing.

MarineMom

Thank you for finishing it Mom70x7, it was driving me nuts (or nuttier) trying to remember the end of it.

Wilma

Ah, once agaiin we have proven how intelligent and knowledgeable this group is.  It also explains why the robins I saw were hopping about.  I don't have a barn that they can get into.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk