Moline Catholic Church

Started by W. Gray, March 29, 2007, 01:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

Does anyone have or anyone know of anyone with a photo of the wood catholic church in Moline that burned down in 1948?

The burned church replaced an older wood structure that had been moved in from Boston.

I have an aunt who was 12 years old when she witnessed it burning. She and her sister are wanting a photograph. Perhaps someone could scan it.

That old Boston church went to another site in Moline and may still be there as a private home.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Janet Harrington

Well, I believe that you are in luck, Waldo.  I think I have a picture of that.  I shall look on my computer and if I find it, I will not only e-mail it to you, but I will put it on the forum.

Janet Harrington

Well, I have looked and looked and I cannot find the picture that I just knew I had.  However; I am calling some members of the Catholic Church and see if we can come up with something for you, Waldo, and the forum.

Janet Harrington

Okay, here goes.  I was not able to find the pictures that I thought I had.  However; Dana Denton had a flyer that St. Mary's put out in 2004.  I have scanned this front and back and will attach both to this writing.

Waldo, If you want the original flyer, send me your address to this e-mail

janet_harrington@sbcglobal.net

I will mail the flyer to you.

Janet Harrington

If you don't have a program that will let you rotate those images, let me know and I will attach the pictures the correct way.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk