CHRISMAS, George - b. December 19, 1854 - d. April 5, 1910

Started by Janet Harrington, September 22, 2006, 09:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

George Chrismas was born in Howard county, Iowa, December 19, 1854 and died at Woodward Oklahoma, April 5, 1910, aged 55 years 3 months and 17 days.
  At the age of 15 he with his parents came to Elk County Kansas where he grew to manhood.
  Some years ago he went to Kiowa, Kansas where he spent some years, going from there to Woodward, Oklahoma, where he remained until the time of his death.
  Funeral services conducted by Elder Gilbert Park, were held at the home of Mrs. W. L. Olmstead in Howard, Kansas, April 7, at 3 p.m.
  He leaves three brothers James, of Howard, Kansas; Alfred A., Pondcreek, Oklahoma; William J., Jolliett, Montana; and six sisters, Mrs. W. L. Olmstead and Mrs. A. N. Webster of Howard, Mrs. S. C. Linville, Muncie, Indiana; Mrs. T. E. Champ, Muskogee, Oklahoma; Mrs. V. E. Connray and Miss Agness Chrismas of Los Angeles, California.

Jody

GUESS HE DIDNOT GO ALONG WITH HIS BROTHER JAMES ON HOW TO SPELL  CRISMAS.   I THOUGHT THE OTHERS SPELLED  IT CHRISTMAS.

Wilma

Of the Crismas' I have known about, it was spelled Crismas, which I thought was a funny way to spell Christmas.  Now we have 3 spellings of the name.  Are they all the same family or different families?

Dee Gee

The Tombstone for George Crismas in Gracelawn spells in as "CRISMAS" but the tombstone right beside George's is for Alfred & Catherine Christmas his Father & Mother which spells it "CHRISTMAS".  I have seen these two spellings quite often in the family tree but the spelling "CHRISMAS"  is not seldom found.
Also George's Birth date does not agree with this account it should be November 10, 1856.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Jody

I ALWAYS THOUGHT IT WAS GRANDFATHER JAMES CRISMAS THAT CHANGED THE SPELLING BUT AFTER  LOOKING AT THE BIO. IN THE ELK COUNTY HISTORY, I THINK IT MUST HAVE BEEN ALFRED CRISMAS THAT CHANGED THE SPELLING.................... THIS WAS GEORGE's father. NOW I AM REALLY CONFUSED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk