Does anyone know what this is?

Started by Janet Harrington, March 17, 2007, 04:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

I am attaching three pictures of a dish that I had packed away.  It has scalloped edges and hobnail design on the bottom.  It looks like an ashtray to me.  The scalloped part is a pinkish tint.  No markings and I have no clue where I got it.

Teresa

Do you think that it was actually used for any one thing?
I think that it could be used for a candy dish.. or maybe a jelly dish.. or a pickle dish..
:)
Get my drift?
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Janet Harrington

Let me tell you what this is.  This is an English hobnail milk glass pickle dish.  There was one for sale on eBay where the starting bid was $12.99.  I was thinking that I would put mine in a garage sale, but I think I'll pack it away and see if it will go up in value before I die.

Joanna

Well, Janet, I'm sure that's what it really is, but it would NEVER hold enough pickles to be any use to me.  HA! HA! HA!  Maybe if no-one else wanted any pickles...  Fat chance!

Janet Harrington

I'm just wondering if maybe the woman of the house had one for each plate.  This one is about 4 1'2" wide and my aunt says she has seen them that are 6" wide.  When I told my mother that I was going to pack it away and see if the value increases as I get older and my mother said, "Spoken like a true Hancock/Weyrauch."  Ha ha

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk