CRAIN, William Hiram - b. December 1, 1854 - d. February 8, 1916

Started by genealogynut, March 15, 2007, 02:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

genealogynut

Howard Courant
February 25, 1916

William Hiram Crain was born near Crawfordsville, Indiana, Deptember 1, 1854, and died at his home 8 miles north east of Howard, February 8, 1916, at the age of 61 years, 5 months and 8 days.

At the age of 8 years he moved with his parents near Wyoming, Bath county, Kentucky, where he grew to manhood.  He was married to Lou A. Kincaid October 16, 1875, to this union were born two daughters, Mrs. Olivia Harper and Mrs. Bertha Lawman of Severy, Kansas, who were both present at his bedside.

At the age of 25 years he united with the Christian church of which he was a member at the time of his death.  He came to Kansas in the year of 1883, and lived near Wichita, Kansas.  He removed to Elk county in 1887, where he resided until his death.  He was a good husband and a kind and loving father.  Although he suffered intensly for many years with chronic asthma he always had a kind and cheerful word for every one.

(Poem omitted)

He is survived by his loving wife, two daughters, four grandchildren and three sisters,  Mrs. Kate Hutchinson of Valley Center, Kansas, Mrs. Eliza Story of Poplar Plains, Kentucky and Mrs. Ida Martin of Omaha, Nebraska, two brothers and four sisters having passed before him into the Great Beyond.

The funeral was preached in the Antioch church near his home February 10th, at 11 a.m. by Rev. S. D. Anderson, and the remains were brought to Howard and laid to rest in Grace Lawn cemetery.

Wilma

I wonder if this Olivia Harper was Maybelle Riggin's mother and which Lawman was Bertha's husband.  Marcia, do you have an answer for this?

patyrn

FYI to Wilma:

I was going through old obituary posts and saw your question about the daughters of William Hiram Crain.   Olivia Harper IS the mother of Mabelle Riggins.  The husband of Bertha  Lawman is Alva W. Lawman, I believe. 

Sorry this took four years to clear up in your mind! ha 

KRI

Wilma

Thank you.  Now if my husband were only here to tell me which Lawman this was.  I knew a Hawley and a Frank.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk