Another Good Morning!!

Started by Wilma, March 12, 2007, 07:53:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

indygal

"I  can't tell you what kind of soil we have here.  Good old black dirt is all I can say."

Janet, that's music to my ears! Where we live in Wichita (southeast), the soil has a LOT of clay so we have trouble with root rot. I tried three years in a row to grow tomatoes and each time they'd turn black and die. I finally got smart and started planting them in containers (but then the squirrels wouldn't leave the almost-ripe tomatoes alone...that's a whole 'nuther story!)

Anyway, I'm pleased to know there's plenty of good black dirt to work with. I figured it would take several passes with a tiller to break up the ground on the property. We'll probably have it plowed this coming fall and again next spring. We also need to find out if the well on the property is still usable, as that would make watering so much easier (and cheaper) and would conserve the drinking water for the townsfolk.

Thank you also for the recommendation on the beauty shop. I'm not sure which salon the coupon is for (it's at Harmony) but I'll be sure to give Connie a call in the near future.

MarineMom

I  can't tell you what kind of soil we have here.  Good old black dirt is all I can say."

Wish it was black dirt at this end of town. Down here it is heavy gray clay :'( We have been adding ash from the stove all winter, hoping that will lighten it up somewhat.

Wilma

I don't know what you would call the dirt here.  I understand now why Millie had raised beds.  It was so she could fill them with good dirt.  Nature's dirt is so hard that you can't get a pick into it.  It does grow good Bermuda grass.

CrumCowgirlMama

Guess who has that nasty hard clay dirt in her yard - ME! That's why we have no grass out here.

I recommend Connie as well. She cuts my hair and has done it forever...She always does a terrific job!

hhjacobs

Marine Mom,
If you would like some more ashes from a stove I have a 55 gal. barrel full ,you can have.
I will be leaving town for awhile tomorrow morning,but you can get today or come look if you would want it.  374-2628

Henry

Wilma

Yesterday was a good day.  Janet came over and I helped her clean my flower beds.  Sometimes I wish Millie hadn't planted so many flowers, then they bloom and they are so beautiful that I just bless her for being so energetic.

Today won't be as nice, but it is a new day, a new beginning for everyone.  Remember, this is the first day of the rest of your life.  Make the most of it.

Teresa

Quote from: Wilma on March 15, 2007, 07:05:05 AM

Today won't be as nice, but it is a new day, a new beginning for everyone.  Remember, this is the first day of the rest of your life.  Make the most of it.

That is so nice...Thanks Mama Wilma...
Sometimes I need  positive reinforsement... Right now Kjell and I are so tired.. We are at the office for long ungodly hours.. sometimes we are going home and the rest of the world is getting up.. we grab a few hours sleep and then we are up again to start over..
He works sooooo hard and I am up and I work at the office but nothing like he does..
But I have grandbabies to help with.. and a dozen other different irons in the fire to keep going..
so all in all.. I am also busy busy busy... and it keeps me out of mischief..
(( :angel:))
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Wilma

It's good to know that something can keep you out of mischief.

Teresa

I am ALWAYS out of mischief...
I am a good girl all the time..... :angel:

((( and my nose is growing too)) hee hee :)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Narvous

Quote from: Teresa on March 17, 2007, 12:31:50 AM
I am ALWAYS out of mischief...
I am a good girl all the time..... :angel:

((( and my nose is growing too)) hee hee :)
[/quote        ;D
Narvous
Cowboy on the Rockin H

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk