Old Howard Newspapers

Started by Marcia Moore, March 11, 2007, 11:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcia Moore

While in Topeka last week, I found that the Howard newspaper microfilm only goes as far as 1989.  Does anyone have any old Howard newspapers going back to then, or at least part way?  I am trying to find information on the following two accidental deaths: 
     On July 5, 1992, Cathy Gardner was killed at the Howard City Lake in a boating accident.
     On April 8, 2001, Truman L. Jennings, 55, was killed in a vehicle accident on Hwy. 99 north of Howard.

genealogynut

Marcia, in looking at the list of newspapers given through the Kansas State  Historical Society catalog, the Elk County Citizen-Advance News was published in Howard from February 16, 1989 until March 31, 1999, then the newspaper serving the Howard area became Flint Hills Express.  I believe a person would be able to order the microfilm.

Marcia Moore

I just checked the KSHS website, and found that the Howard Courant Citizen ended with the roll from 2/13/1986--2/9/1989.  That is the microfilm I was looking at while at Topeka.  I should have checked further while there, as I see the Elk County Citizen Advance News started in 1989.  Then the Flint Hills Express microfilm available goes from 4/7/1999 - 3/29/2000.  Guess I will have to order some in at the Fredonia Library before long.  Thanks for your help.     

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk