EVANS, Robert L. "Bob" - b. June 29, 1935 - d. November 19, 2016

Started by patyrn, November 20, 2018, 10:42:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Robert L. "Bob" Evans, age 83, of Fall River, Kansas, passed away November 19, 2018 at Wesley Medical Center in Wichita, Kansas.  He was born on June 29, 1935 in Fall River, Kansas, the son of M. B. "Bud" and Virginia (Ivey) Evans.

Bob was a graduate of Fall River High School Class of 1953.  He was a farmer and rancher who loved working cattle, putting up silage, and trading work with the neighbors.  He was a founding member of the Fall River Booster Club along with the Fall River BBQ.  Bob enjoyed coon hunting and listening to his dogs work the hunt.  He liked watching sports whenever he could, and he also really enjoyed the mountain oyster fries and eating fish.

On October 6, 1954, Bob married Wanda E. Henderson in Severy, Kansas.  Bob and Wanda have been married for 64 years, and his greatest love was watching his family grow.  Bob enjoyed going to sporting events to watch his children and then watching his grandchildren.  Most of all, Bob loved spending time with his family and friends.

Including his wife, Wanda, Bob is survived by his three children, Terry Evans and wife, Deb of Fall River, Kansas, Jeanna Breech and husband, Kelly of Nowata, Oklahoma, and John Evans and wife, Judy of Fredonia, Kansas; six grandchildren, Dustin Breech and wife, Mariana of Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, Jim Breech and wife, Dez of Tulsa, Oklahoma, Matthew Evans and wife, Jessica of Fredonia, Kansas, Kelsey Evans and fiance Adam Coomes of St. Paul, Kasns, Jessie Evans and wife, Samantha of Springdale, Arkansas, and Kimberly Stithem and husband, Justin of Fredonia, Kansas; and one brother, Jack Evans and wife, Cheryl of Fredonia, Kansas.  Bob was preceded in death by his parents and granddaughter, Melissa Evans.

Cremation has been requested with a memorial service to be held on Friday, November 23, 2018 at 2:00 p.,m. at Countryside Funeral Home in Fredonia, Kansas.  The family will receive friends one hour prior to service time.  Memorials are suggested to any of the following:  The Fall River Booster Club, Ronald McDonald House, or the charity of your choice.  Contributions may be sent to the funeral home.  Online condolences may be left at www.countrysidefh.com.  Services are entrusted to Countryside Funeral Home, 420 S. 20th Street, Fredonia, Kansas 66736.

(taken from the Countryside Funeral Home website)

larryJ

My condolences to Wanda and her family.  Rest in peace, Bob.
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk