JACOBS, Kathleen Lucille (Stonebraker) - b. May 14, 1911 - d. April 26, 1991

Started by genealogynut, February 21, 2007, 08:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

genealogynut

Independence Reporter
April 30, 1991

SEVERY-- Kathleen Lucille Jacobs, 79, died Friday at her home in northern Elk County, of injuries sustained in a tornado.

Services are scheduled for 10 a.m. Wednesday at the Severy United Methodist Church with Revs. Gary Parson and Tim White officiating.  Burial will be in South Lawn Cemetery at Severy, under the direction of Forsberg Funeral Home.

A memorial has been established with Wesley House, P.O. Box 235, Pittsburg, Kan. 66762.  Contributions may be left with the funeral home.

Mrs. Jacobs was born May 14, 1911, northwest of Severy to David H. and Nellie Mae (Tucker) Stonebraker.

The family moved to Las Animas, Colo., when she was two years old.  In 1924, they moved to Holly, Colo., where she attended elementary school.  She returned to Kansas in 1928, where she lived with an aunt and attended high school in Anthony.

In 1929, she returned to the Severy area, where she lived with her maternal grandparents and attended Severy High School.  She moved to Colorado in 1931 and remained there for about five years before returning again to Kansas.

On Aug. 29, 1937, she married Richard P. Jacobs at Howard and they made their home on a farm west of Severy.  He survives of the home.

Mrs. Jacobs was a member of the Severy United Methodist Church, United Methodist Women and the Nazarene WALC organization.

Other survivors include three sons, Paul Jacobs, Milan, Henry Jacobs, Wichita, and Cecil Jacobs, Augusta; two daughters, Joyce Doane, Severy, and Ruth Gordon, Winfield; a sister, Blanche Widger, Pueblo Colo., 21 granchildren and 15 great-grandchildren.

Casketbearers are Calvin Doane, Frank Doane, Darrell Jacobs, Matthew Jacobs, Scott Jacobs, and Steven Jacobs.

Buddyboy

I recognize the names of Calvin and Frank Doane. I used to date their sister Mary Leigh. Been a long time ago. I don't remember her ever talking about her grandma. Very interesting.

Janet Harrington

Well, Buddyboy, I'm going to jump in here and explain the relationships of the Jacobs to the Doanes.

Joyce Jacobs married a Doane.  His first name slips me just now.  It probably was Calvin.  Frank Doane would be Joyce Doane's son.  If you dated a Mary Doane, then that had to have been Joyce Doane's sister-in-law and Lucille Jacobs would not have been her grandmother.

Did I get it right, Henry???

genealogynut

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Sorry, Janet, but I just gotta laugh at this!  I could tell you , but I think that's Henry's place to "set ya' straight".  A long time ago, I had a sister that had married into the Jacobs family, but that ended in divorce.

Wilma

I think that Joyce Jacobs married Melvin Doane.  Their children were Mary, Calvin, Frank and Amy.  I don't know if there were any more.  I think that is the way it is.  Henry, am I right?

Janet Harrington

Yep, Mother, you are right and I am sure Henry will give you an A+ for that excellent memory.  I just could not think of Joyce's husband's name, but when you wrote Melvin, I knew immediately you were right.  So, Buddyboy had it right better than I did.  And I forgot about Amy.  The last I knew she was married to Chris Lance and they lived in Winfield.  And didn't Mary wed my old classmate, Eldon Austin?  It seems to me he married a Doane.

Marcia Moore

I think Joyce and Melvin Doane had five children - Mary, Calvin, Amy, Bobbie and Frank.

Wilma

The last I knew there was a connection between Mary and Eldon.  I didn't know if they were married.  As to a 5th child, I really don't know if there was or if there wasn't.  Henry will tell us.

hhjacobs

Well going through some old post, I ran accross this one. Yes ,Joyce had five kids Mary, married to (or uses his name) Eldon Austin, Calvin who was living and working in Greenburg at the time of the torando; unmarried the last I knew, living in Kiowa: Amy, lives in Winfield, married to Chris Lance, Bobbie,married living in Winfield??, Frank the youngest one, married living in a trailer house on the old homestead. Hope I got this all right.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk