Incredibly Privileged

Started by sixdogsmom, January 31, 2008, 04:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

Yesterday I took the Dexter shortcut between 166 and 160 on the way home. I like seeing that bottom land along Grouse Creek, it just pleases me. I was driving along, and got to see an American Bald Eagle flying very low. He flew right over the top of me, just out of broom whacking range he was that close. I have seen them around before, always at a distance and through field glasses. Such a gorgeous bird; a good thing I was on that little traveled road, I might have run over someone. The snow today is beautiful also, I had a wonderful time moving around some of that beauty! Think I need a nap now.
Edie

Janet Harrington

So far this year I have seen a bald eagle twice.  Both times east of Elk Falls.  One time the eagle was flying up out of a ditch.  I got a very close view of him.  The second time was just Friday when I spotted him in a tree watching the ditch.  He was very close to the highway, so I got a good look.  They are fantastic birds.

jensarlou

I work at the Winn-Dixie warehouse in Baldwin FL and there is a nesting couple here on the property, so they can be seen often especially when the seagulls are around.  You are right, they are beautiful to watch.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk