TAYLOR, Bushrod J. - b. May 19, 1846 - d. May 3, 1917

Started by genealogynut, February 14, 2007, 06:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

genealogynut

Howard Courant
May 17, 1917

Bushrod J. Taylor was born in Londoun county, Virginia, on May 19, 1846, and passed from this life at his home a few miles west of Fall River, Kansas, on Thursday, May 3, 1917, at the age of 70 years, 11 months, and 14 days.  He has been in failing health for more than a year, and almost helpless for about six months with paralysis.

He was married in 1871 to Sallie Thrasher, and to this union were born ten children, three having died in infancy, and seven --Mrs. Jessie Foster of Sapulpa, Okla., Mrs. Rhoda Marion of Howard, Kansas, Mrs. Mamie Draper of Benkelman, Nebr,; Mrs. Ella Boice of Great Falls, Mont., and Miss Lizzie, Wallace and Luther who are at home, are left with the mother to mourn the loss of a loving father.  He also leaves two sisters and two brothers who live in Virginia.

Early in life the subject of this sketch was converted and united with the Methodist church.  In 1889 with his family he moved to Kansas and has spent the most of this time living near Fall River.

Funeral services were held at the home Saturday afternoon, conducted by Rev. S.F. Ditto, pastor of the M. E. church of this place, and interment was made in Brown chapel. ----Fall River Star.

Marcia Moore

For Ms Bear, who, on Nov. 25, 2006 asked for information as to where her great-grandparents might be buried.  Lois Morgan just put an obituary on for Bushrod Taylor.  The Brown Chapel Cemetery is located near Fall River KS in the NW1/4 of 4-28-12. 

Ms Bear

This does have information we did not have and I doubt if I would have ever found it without your help.  Thank you for all the help you have given me.

Pat

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk