Lost Doll; Can you help find owner?

Started by Wilma, February 14, 2007, 12:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Lorraine Morton of the Lost Love letters thread has asked if the forum might help in locating a young woman who had called on her mother, Helen Lowrey, several years ago.  Here is Lorraine's message, minus our personal comments.

"Wilma:

Maybe you folks could help me with a mystery?

Mom had a young social worker come to interview her about her apartment at Good Samaritan and gasped "My doll!" when she saw a doll that my mom had.  They came to the conclusion that it couldn't be....Chanute and Winfield are too far apart.
However, I think that it is her doll and Mom agrees with my theory, but we don't know her name or how to contact her, only that she had lived in Chanute and her father died when she was young and her mother had to sell everything, including her doll.  We would like to find her.  I'm purposely not giving a description of the doll.

Lorraine"

I asked Lorraine for an approximate date, at least a year and the agency the young lady worked for.  Her reply was probably between 2003-2005.  Helen was living at the Good Samaritan Village at the time and the young lady might have been working for Good Samaritan, but not at the Winfield office.  Since the visit had more to do with the apartment than with the occupant, she might have been working for a state agency that dealth with such things.

I have also asked Lorraine for the time of the year and an approximate age of the young lady and will post that when I get an answer.  I realize that this isn't much to go on, but who knows, stranger things have happened.

Wilma

The doll could have been bought in Chanute sometime before 1967.  We figure that would put the young lady somewhere in her 40's.  Aunt Helen's idea of young is somewhat different than mine and Lorraine's.  We are hoping the "young" woman will see this and recognize herself and get in touch with us someway.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk