WISEMAN, Grace Marie (Wunderlich) - b. February 1, 1930 - d. August 13, 2016

Started by patyrn, August 13, 2016, 08:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Grace Marie (Wunderlich) Wiseman, age 86, of Howard, Kansas, passed away Saturday, August 13, 2016 at the Eureka Nursing Center in Eureka, Kansas.  Grace was born February 1, 1930 in Sedgwick, Kansas and was one of fifteen children born to Carl and Emma (Kater) Wunderlich.

Gracie attended school in Howard and graduated from Howard High School in 1948.  It was in Howard at a local cafe that she met her future husband, Louis Ray Wiseman whom she married on December 23, 1948.  To this union was born two sons and two daughters.

Gracie was a country girl and had several hobbies including painting, drawingm and doing ceramics.  She kept a daily log and journaled every chance she got.  She also loved to cook, tend to her flowers, and spend time with her children and her grandchildren.  She made sure everyone had something to eat and was even known to have taken her grandchildren rabbit hunting in days gone by.

Those left to cherish her life are her husband, Louis Wiseman of the home in Howard, Kansas; daughters, Julia Town and husband, Larry of Howard, Kansas and Linda Ritz and husband, Doug of Fredonia, Kansas; son, Randy Wiseman and wife, Patty of Howard, Kansas; ten grandchildren; eighteen great-grandchildren; two sisters, Betty Hamilton of Derby, Kansas and Dottie Simons of Severy, Kansas; three brothers, Harry (Connie) Wunderlich of Piedmont, Kansas, Jerry (Donna) Wunderlich of Atlanta, Kansas, and Bobby Joe (Leslie) Wunderlich of Stroud, Oklahoma.  She was preceded in death by her parents; her son, Louis "Bub" Wiseman; brothers, Raymond, Jim, Carl Jr., and Dwayne Wunderlich; sisters, Rosemary Hamilton, Ruby Hitt, Delores Powers, Mary Sallee, and Bonnie Gragg; grandson, Robert Town; and great-granddaughter, Joanna Town.

Funeral services will be held Tuesday, August 16, 2016 at Countryside Funeral Home, 206 E. Washington, Howard, Kansas 6 7349 with interment to follow at Grace Lawn Cemetery in Howard.  Family suggests memorials to the American Diabetes Association and may be left with the funeral home.  Countryside Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements, and online condolences may be left at www.countrysidefh.com.

(taken from the Countryside Funeral Home website)

frawin

Sorry to learn that our Friend Grace had passed away, our Condolences to Louie and the rest of the Family. Rest in Peace Grace. Myrna and I  always called her Gracie. So I will say Rest In Peace Gracie.

frawin

After thinking about it Gracie and my Sister Mary Myrna worked together at the Bell Telephone office in Howard Like Gracie My Myrna has passed on to be With the Lord in Heaven. Out of 15 Kids in my Family Bob and I are the only ones left. I have said it before and I will say it again " THIS GETTING OLD SURE IS NOT FOR SISSIES".

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk