LUKE, Veva M. (Beiter) - b. August 19, 1933 - d. February 6, 2007

Started by genealogynut, February 08, 2007, 02:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

genealogynut

Independence Daily Reporter
Wednesday, February 7, 2007

FREDONIA- Veva M. Luke, 73, Fredonia, died Tuesday at Windsor Place, Coffeyville.

Services will be Friday at 10 a.m. at the Timmons Funeral Home Chapel, Fredonia, with Rev. Gene Benefiel of the Buxton Christian Church officiating.  Burial will be in the Cresco Cemetery near Howard.

Family will receive friends at the funeral home Thursday from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.

Memorial are suggested to Alzheimer's Foundation and Harry Hynes Memorial Hospice and may be left with the funeral home.

Mrs. Luke was born Augu. 19, 1933 near Elk Falls to Henry J. and Ida Mae (Graham) Beiter.

On March 5, 1951 in Miami, Okla., she married Robert D. Luke and he died in 1986.

She worked as a cook and custodian in the Fredonia school district.

She was a member of the Eagles in Fredonia and H. D. U.

Survivors include a son, Lawrence Luke of Bonner Springs; two daughters, Roberta Peirce and Connie Ogle of Fredonia; one brother, Jimmie Beiter of South Coffeyville, Okla.; seven grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren.

genealogynut

I remember her parents and her brother, Jimmie.  Henry and Ida lived just west of where Joanna and Marty are now.  The Beiter's were my grandmother's neighbors.  Henry used to work at Hebb's Garage.

When just a "wee lassie" I can remember some of the women talking about Jimmie Beiter. (Actually, they were drooling! :laugh:)  They were saying something to the effect that he was a "knockout."  Of course, as a little bitty kid, I didn't know what that meant at the time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk