WEST, Gloria (Gallardo) - d. June 19, 2016

Started by patyrn, June 21, 2016, 10:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Gloria (Gallardo) West, 75, beloved wife, mother, grandmother, and retired sales clerk for Sears, passed away Sunday, June 19, 2016.  She grew up in Howard, Kansas, the daughter of Enrique and Josefina (Fabian) Gallardo.  She was a 1958 graduate of Howard High School.

She is survived by her husband of 53 years, Herschel West; children, Christina Streete (Brad), Herschel West (Michelle), Anthony West, and Susan Johnson (June); fourteen grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; and siblings, Richard Gallardo, Henry Gallardo, Mary Leddy, Amelia Hall, Corrie Montgomery, Tony Gallardo, John Gallardo, and Terri Kerr.  She was preceded ind death by her parents, Enrique (Henry) and Josefina Gallardo and sisters, Carmen Chavez and Beatrice Aguilera.

Rosary will be held on Thursday, June 23, 2016 at 7:00 p.m. and Funeral Mass will be held at 10:00 a.m. on Friday, June 24, 2016, both at St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church, 861 N. Socora, Wichita, Kansas.  A memorial has been established with Holy Family Camp, c/o Ministry with Persons with Disabilities, 424 N. Broadway, Wichita, Kansas 67202.  Downing and Lahey Mortuary West of Wichita, Kansas is in charge of arrangements.

(published in the Wichita Eagle 06/21/2016)

frawin

Sad to see that Gloria has passed away. The Gallardo Family was the 2nd Biggest Family in Howard there was 14 Children in her Family and 15 In my Family. Gloria and I went all 12 years of School together, and Graduated in the Class of 1958. Myrna and I drove to Wichita and attended her 50th Wedding Anniversary. Her Family was a Super Good Family, her Father Enrique Worked on The Santa Fe Railroad, they lived in 2 or 3 old Pullman Cars at The Westside of Howard. My Brother Neil Had A grocery Store in Howard at the time, 1 of 4. Enrique Got Paid once a Month, when he Got Paid Mrs. Gallardo went to my Brother Neil's Store and Paid the Bill in Full. Really Good People. We had heard that she had Cancer, and we were planning to go see her in July when we go to Rose Hill Kansas to my Mother's Cox Family Reunion. This will be the 87th year for that Family Reunion. I am not sure How Many of Gloria's Family are left living but, out of then 15 in my Family there is only my Brother Bob and me left, this getting old sure ain't for Sissies. REST IN PEACE OLD FRIEND.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk