Best Way to Honor Our Fallen Soldiers

Started by redcliffsw, June 02, 2016, 05:28:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

The young people who have volunteered to serve in our military, for what they were told and believed was a noble cause, have sacrificed more than enough. It's time for America to end the deceit engineered to gain their loyalty and trust and to stop dishonoring their sacrifice by wasting their lives in futile and endless conflict. Bring them home where they can work for themselves and their families, prospering in a peaceful country.

sixdogsmom

I simply must agree with this post. I cannot remember a time during my entire lifetime when we were not at war or about to go to war. Why?
Edie

W. Gray

America Has Been At War 93% of the Time – 222 Out of 239 Years – Since 1776
Posted on February 20, 2015 by WashingtonsBlog

No U.S. president truly qualifies as a peacetime president.  Instead, all U.S. presidents can technically be considered "war presidents."

The U.S. has never gone a decade without war.

The only time the U.S. went five years without war (1935-40) was during the isolationist period of the Great Depression.

These are the years since 1776 without a war being waged by the US somewhere/somehow

New York Times, July 6, 2003:

Of the past 3,400 years, humans have been entirely at peace for 268 of them, or just 8 percent of recorded history.

The combined armed forces of the world have 21.3 million people. China has the world's largest, with 2.4 million. America is second with 1.4 million [has dropped since 2003]. India has 1.3 million, North Korea 1 million, and Russia 900,000. Of the world's 20 largest militaries, 14 are in developing nations.

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Wilma

Edie:  I was thinking that you were younger than I am.  I can remember when the U.S. wasn't involved in a war.  Then there was talk of war and trying to stay out of it.  The non-war years were very slim years.  Not enough work.  Then when war did happen and the young men went off to fight and the young women took their places in the plants, people had more.  But it wasn't good.  The years of not knowing if our men would come home and if they did, what shape would they be in.

frawin

Wilma my Mother Had 3 Sons, 2 Brothers and 2 Nephews in WWII and PRAISE THE LORD they all came home safe. In Vietnam she had one son, my Brother Dwight served 2 Tours of Duty in Vietnam, but sadly my Nephew, my Sister Anitas Son and her youngest was killed in Vietnam, but his Brother-in-Law was serving there and they let him fly home with the remains, and he did not have to return to Duty in Vietnam. I do not think what we have in Charge today would have allowed that. Just my opinion, hope it does not offend anyone. It is nice to have a topic on the Forum that is worthwhile reading. You all have a great day in Elk County. I miss it, we had a great time at the 2 Alumni Banquets this past Saturday. We made the Rounds to 4 Cemeteries and Decorated a lot of Loved Ones Graves.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk