Beginnings and endings

Started by Mom70x7, February 06, 2016, 11:48:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mom70x7

Took some pictures this morning - Feb. 6, 2016. The new Dollar General store and the old school building. It is, as you can tell, completely down. Jerry Harrod was working on it when I drove by.

Enjoy :)

W. Gray

Holy Moly to all three.

That pickup looks as old as the former school.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Mom70x7

QuoteThat pickup looks as old as the former school.

Yeah :) It's fun to see it being driven around town.

Wilma

Jerry drives it by here every day.  It is very seldom that I see him in anything other than that.  I envy him.

Diane Amberg

Well, shut my mouth and call me frugal...I've never seen a Dollar General that tall or with that much square footage, or that fancy looking, and we have them very commonly here. Just the one store?WOW!

Jane

The one in Auburn, Ks is the same size as the one in Howard.

Diane Amberg

Ours are smaller and often in a shopping center. Maybe the photo makes it seem much larger?

Jane

That's funny they put the Dollar General in malls. In Kansas and Missouri they are stand alone. There is one in Missouri that is at least a 1/2 mile out of town.

Wilma

In Wichita they are quite often neighbors to other businesses, in small strip malls or close to other shopping.  In Augusta there is one in the strip mall on highway 400, west of the 77 junction.  In Yates Center it is pretty much alone as you are going to the north out of town.  In Eureka it stands alone but is close to the bowling alley on the east side of town.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk