Another New Store

Started by W. Gray, February 03, 2016, 12:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

Waldo, we are Happy that Howard is getting some New Businesses, but ANOTHER Café or Restaurant, seems to us that one or more of them, might have to Close. Toots is still our Favorite, Carl and Susan and their Girls are Hard workers and Toots is our Favorite Place to Eat or Have Coffee when we are in Howard. It will be interesting to see what Happens. I really like and Respect Dereck Cookson, he has Appraised some Antique Firearms for me, he has a Really HUGE Inventory of Guns of all Kinds. He is a Super Young Man. It is a Beautiful Day here in Prosper and I need to get some Guns and Ammo out, Myrna and I are going to the Shooting Range to Practice Today. We want to be ready, when OBUMAS ISIS Friends come, if they come here we will be waiting along with lots of Redneck Texans.

Jane

The Dollar Store hours in Auburn Ks, are 7 days a week. Mon-Sat 9-9 and Sun 10 to 8. They are even open on holidays. They may not have to hours in Howard.

W. Gray

Quote from: Jane on February 04, 2016, 04:15:59 PM
The Dollar Store hours in Auburn Ks, are 7 days a week. Mon-Sat 9-9 and Sun 10 to 8. They are even open on holidays. They may not have to hours in Howard.

Just checked Auburn and it has 1,227 people (2010).

Dollar General has almost 150 stores in Kansas.

Howard at 687 people appears to be its smallest market.

Dollar General is in two or three towns that have a little less than 1,000 but Howard seems to be the smallest.

Dollar General in Sedan (1,124)  seems to have been around since 2010.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

frawin

Waldo, the closest Stores of that type are Eureka and Sedan. The 2010 Cenus  shows Elk County with a Population of 2,882. The Population in Howard, Moline, Grenola, Elk Falls, and Longton and Virtually all of the Elk  County Rural Population would be Closer to the store in Howare than Eureka and Sedan.Or at least that is the way I see it. Myrna buys lots of items at Dollar General, Dollar Tree, Family Dollar, and some others that are Similar.

Jane

I also use the Dollar General. I find some of their items are a lot cheaper. I buy all my cat litter and liners from them They have cheaper air freshener's then any one. I will always use the Dollar Genera, because the hire a lot of local people.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk