Common Trait

Started by W. Gray, February 05, 2016, 01:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

Here is Henry Hawk and PePe LePew, again. I might even have seen these guys at the Plaza theater in Howard.

Henry and PePe were a Warner Brothers product. As was Foghorn Leghorn, who Henry was always after, along with Elmer, Bugs, Porky, Petunia, Sylvester, Roadrunner, and a number of others.

MGM put out Tom & Jerry, with his little friend Tuffy, and Spike the dog who was always after Tom.. Tom was owned by a black woman until the mid-fifties when white folks became his master. Droopy the Dog was a totally different slow speaking character

Paramount had Woody Woodpecker, voiced by a woman, and Popeye.

Universal Pictures had Charley Chicken and Andy Panda.

Disney had the characters that everyone remembers.

I don't recall that 20th Century Fox or Columbian Pictures had a cartoon department.

At any rate, all of these cartoon characters had a specific trait that was common among them all. You can see it in every cartoon.

That particular trait automatically arose in all cartoon characters because of something called "efficiency."

Even today Homer Simpson shares that trait.

All of these movie cartoon characters were created for adult entertainment during the 30s and 40s and Homer has been around since 1987.

What is that very distinguishable trait?

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

W. Gray

All cartoon characters had a specific trait that was common among them whether it was a mouse, a duck, a woodpecker, or a human person being depicted. You can see it in every cartoon.

One person sent me an Email and provided the correct answer. 

In this case with Homer Simpson, the doughnut has the key.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

frawin

Waldo, I think I know that Guy, he was Married to one of my Sisters, I am not sure which one though. I f Memory serves me right he was a Sewing Machine Salesman. I think I have said to much already.

Diane Amberg

W. Gray

All cartoon characters had a specific trait that was common among them whether it was a mouse, a duck, a woodpecker, or a human person being depicted. You can see it in every cartoon.

Look at the doughnut in Homer's hand and you can see that answer.

The man has only three fingers.

Cartoons were in high demand from the studios during their heyday. The old really good cartoons required 24 cartoon picture cels per second to insure a smooth character flow.

For a typical seven-minute Bugs Bunny cartoon about 10,100 drawn cels per cartoon feature were needed. Drawing four fingers slowed the drawing process greatly. It was faster to draw if the characters had only three fingers.

Even with today's computer drawings, the concept is still used.

The concept even extends to the toes. When Homer's feet are showing,  he has only a big toe and three small ones. Bugs also has three toes.

frawin

Waldo whenever I see Bugs Bunny, I think"Whats Up Doc". My Children and Grandchildren love him, that Cartoon, and the little Movies and TV shows he was on. I read one Time how much Money Disney had made of of him, it was in the Millions. Are you Sure that Homer is not the President that is in the Whitehouse now.

W. Gray

Hey Frank, Warner Brothers owned Bugs Bunny.

Disney had two rabbits, one was Oswald, who in his younger days looked a lot like Mickey Mouse.

The other was Roger Rabbit, who is shown here with his wife, Jessica Rabbit.

A number of years ago, I studied the genealogy of the Duck family (as in Donald Duck) I might just re-post it sometime.

frawin

Thanks Waldo, it has been along time since my 3 Children were home. We moved to Prosper, Tx to be close to our Daughter, she has 3 Little Girls ages 4,2 and 3 months. My oldest son lives in Houston and has a son 17 and a daughter, that is a total of 5, big difference , my daughter was my parents last, and 51st Grandchild. I asked my oldest sister Anita why my Parents had so many Children, 15, she said, there wasn't Birth Control back then like there is now, I said then why didn't everyone have 15 Children, HER RESPONSE WAS!!!!!! I GUESS THEY WERE JUST CARELESS PASSIONATE PROTESTANTS. Anita was a Super Big Sister, after My Mother passed away, Anita was my Mother, she had a son, a year younger than me. I really hurt for her, she had 5 Children, 2 sons and 3 Daughters, before she passed away she had lost 2 sons. Her youngest son, Ken gave his Life serving his Country in Viet Nam. Well I need to get around, Myrna has a Doctors appointment at 8:00 in Plano. Waldo you are the Forum these days,and I am sure that many, if not almost everyone will agree with me,keep your interesting Posts Coming.

frawin

WAKE UP Howard and ELK COUNTY, it is a new Day and a GREAT DAY to be alive, EVERYDAY is a GREAT DAY to be ALIVE, ESPECIALLY in AMERICA. Unfortunately the AMERICA I Grew up in is NO MORE. My Post to Waldo and some by RED are the only ones I see and the only posts that  have been put on the forum since Yesterday.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk