Grenola hunting outfitter service target of federal investigation

Started by flintauqua, February 03, 2016, 07:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flintauqua

"Federal agents raided a hunting lodge in Kansas' Flint Hills as part of an investigation into allegations of illegal hunting and baiting that included the use of undercover hunters, GPS tracking of vehicles and camera surveillance, court documents show.

No federal charges have been filed against Eagle Head Outfitters Lodge in Grenola, its owner or employees, Jim Cross, spokesman for the U.S. attorney's office in Kansas, said in an email. The lodge's owner, Josh Hedges, did not respond to telephone and email messages left Monday and Tuesday seeking comment on the federal raid."

http://ksnt.com/2016/02/02/kansas-hunting-outfitters-target-of-federal-investigation/
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

frawin

Great Post Flint, they need to throw the book at this Entire Bunch. If found Guilty they should be Barred from any and all Hunting and Fishing for the rest of their Lives. Such useless Killing of any Wildlife really disappoints me. I have Hunted all my life, and I have NEVER shot any Game over my limit, and The only other Wild Animals or Birds I have shot are Coyotes, Skunks if they were in the wrong place and would not leave, Possums, Badgers, etc. .the only Birds were an Occascional Chicken Hawk, that threatened our Chickens. 

Delbert

A chicken hawk killing is illegal.   Can you pick and choose?      Probably need to find more about the situation before putting him away for life.

frawin

Delbert I am aware that Chicken Hawks are Protected. My Nephew is a Game Warden, I asked him about it, and he said if they are Repeatedly Killing your Chickens, then it is OK to Destroy them. My Mother-in-Law was Elderly and not Wealthy by any means. She Depended on her Garden and Her Chickens for a Major Part of her Food Source. In my opinion, situations like this Warrant the Action that I took.

W. Gray

Of course we all remember the most famous chicken hawk of all time, right?

His real name was Henery but we all called him Henry.

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk