MURPHY, Robert Dean "Bob" - b. September 15, 1938 - d. February 2, 2005

Started by patyrn, January 24, 2016, 11:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Robert Dean "Bob" Murphy, age 65, of Towanda, Kansas, died February 2, 2005.  He was the son of Johnnie Emerald Murphy and Elsie (Francisco) Murphy.  He graduated from Howard High School in 1956.  He was married to Elizabeth "Ann" Clark on June 3, 1956.  Mr. Murphy was a retired Learjet employee.

Survivors include his wife, Ann; his sons, Robert D. Murphy jr. of Newton, Kansas and Jerry Murphy of Towanda, Kansas; his daughters, Debra King of Benton, Kansas and Cindy Murphy of Potwin, Kansas; his brother, James Murphy of Jinken, Missouri; his sister, Zelma Carriger of Topeka, Kansas; and seven grandchildren.

Services were held on February 7, 2005.  Burial was held at the Towanda Cemetery in Towanda, Kansas.  A memorial has been established with the Alzheimer's Association.

(taken from the Andover Journal-Advocate website)

frawin

Karen, Bob was 77 not 65. He graduated in the Howard High Class of 1956.

patyrn

Frank - Bob Murphy died in 2005, and he was 65 at the time of his death.  I added the small obituary I found for him while searching for Ann's obituary as a FYI for former friends who might be interested.............

frawin

Sorry Karen, I did not see that it was ten plus years ago. Ann sat with us last year at the Alumni Banquet, and she talked about how much she missed him. Ann was in the Class of 1958, we graduated together. Robert was in the class of 1956, that is the same year my Sister Mary Myrna Graduated. You do a really GREAT job of Posting all of the Obituaries of Elk County People. I will be more careful and read them better. Please accept my Apology.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk